Good Day All! Reaching out to the forum to ask a couple of questions with regard to the GB1 Pistol Belts. My story begins with placing a belt order with the GBFans Shop back in early October, when I started piecing together my first uniform. 60 Day lead time, no big deal I thought as my Pack won’t be complete until May/June. Fast forward to today, and looking at my order status, now shows March 31st. I’m a patient person, and I’m sure I’ll get it eventually, but I did want to ask if there are other sources for screen accurate (GB1) belts? I know the originals were based on the U.S. Military Issue M1956 Pistol Belts, likely dye stripped and redyed to the khaki/grey color we see in the films. So I’m thinking this, but need some help.. Currently Rothco offers a similar M1956-style belt in White, with Black hardware. Does anyone have experience with dying these? Any particular blend of Rit dye recommended? Any and all information is appreciated. Thanks for being such an excellent resource for the budding Ghosthead!
Hey if you find any sources, let me know!
Currently our supplier is completely sold out and has been for 6 months. All their belts go to us, they haven’t been able to supply any other retailers… and no one else has them in this color.
If you dye your white belt, all the metal hardware will rust leaving brown streaks everywhere.
AJ, thank you much for the response and transparency of the situation with your supplier. I’ll be honest and say I’m discouraged by this (not you), in that screen accurate belts feel like they will soon be a hot commodity. I suppose some experimentation would be advantageous right now. Might still be worth a shot to try a dye job on a Rothco! If only to be able to report back to the group with results; rust, color, failures, or success be damned.
Again, I thank you AJ. Please feel free to report on any supply gains in this thread. Cheers!
I’m actually working with a couple of manufacturers now that might be able to supply the belts, even to our specifications to make them even more screen accurate. If not, then we have our current supplier to fall back on, but they have been dropping the ball recently for our belt supply.
Appreciate the info, AJ! Was kinda wondering myself about the belt situation, too. ![]()
good to know this. Im not yet at the point where I am getting the uniform and its accessories put together, but might be adventitious to order the belt NOW! lol