Possible Rare Variation of First Series Peter Venkman.

I picked up a lot recently of first series GB figures. I noticed the cord to the proton pack on the peter was actually in the middle of the pack, instead of the bottom. Are there any thoughts to this variation? I have pictures but don’t know how to upload them to the forum, thanks. Thanks.

Actually, the cord being in the middle of the cyclotron was from a later run than the others. The cords started out connected at the bottom, which is accurate to the movie and cartoon props, but Kenner changed it for reasons that can only be guessed at (but probably either being a stronger connection, or more likely cheaper and/or easier to manufacture). The Slimed Heroes and Ecto Glow proton packs attached in the center of the cyclotron also.\

A little more information:

http://www.gbfans.com/wiki/Real_Ghostbusters:_First_Series

I am aware of that but it is a first wave card with white text. That is why I find it unusual. Does anyone else have a wave one carded example with white text and the cord coming out of the middle?

Brian

Hi,

I will receive it in a couple of days.

White text and wire coming out from the centre.

Maybe it’s a rare piece with old card and new-concept pack…

I hope so!

PS I’m writing from Italy

I already have the Venkman in my collection, and the last pic is of my Winston.

image

image

image