Powercell Breadboard Lights using R2DEVO's HEX Code

Disclaimer : This is my first attempt at any sort of electrical work out side of installing a stereo and wiring harness for HID’s in my car. I don’t claim to be an expert or know what I’m doing ( LOL). Any tips/advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hello everyone,

I don't know how much help this will be to people looking to build their own light kits. But I haven't seen too many tutorials on how to build one according to R2DEVO's PIC HEX code on a breadboard. There are a lot of methods to approach this but those with limited experience and funds might find this useful.

I ordered a cheap PIC MINI ( up to 20 pin PIC) USB programmer (canakit.com) ( I got it off amazon but this is the manufacturer I believe.). The pic program I used to flash R2DEVO’s HEX code was the PICkit2 Software from “microchip”. PICPgm had trouble recognizing the PIC chip.

The lights came pre-wired from ebay ( you can get a pack of 25 or so for $14 shipped).

Now the next step is getting the cyclotron lights working on this board and hooking up a toggle switch to it.

I plan to keep all these contacts in place with a glue gun once everything’s cleaned up.

Pics and Vids:

Edit :apparently I can’t get the iframe code to work to embed this link so here’s the direct one:

Pics are pretty big. It took them on my evo and forgot to scale them down. If its an issue I can take them down and resize over the weekend.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/Renzamos/Proton pack lights_IMAG0398.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/Renzamos/Proton pack lights_IMAG0400.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/Renzamos/Proton pack lights_IMAG0401.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/Renzamos/Proton pack lights_IMAG0402.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/Renzamos/Proton pack lights_IMAG0404.jpg)

Try reversing the diodes and connecting the anodes to the PIC while connecting the cathodes to ground. I would assume this is the reason the lights are operating in reverse of what they should be. Once you do that they look like they should be a pretty sweet set up.

Nice job!

Good stuff, I’ll give it a shot tonight. I’ll post pics and a new video once I’ve corrected things :slight_smile:

I’ve been playing around with the assembly code to program my PICs to possibly handle wand lights as well. Using an 18 pin to control the yellow strobe and the solid lights and what not. If I come up with anything stable enough for other people to play around with I’ll post it here.

Still waiting on my 8 pin PIC to be delivered so I can try out the hex for the cyclotron. I tried programing a spare 18 pin I have but I just couldn’t get the sequence down. :frowning: