presidential debate lol

Clinton was a good President… I mean.. he was no Ronald Regan… but still.

Speaking of Ronald Regan, whoever the hell ran against him in '84 (I don’t feel like bothering to look it up) had some sort of ad that voters should be Reganbusters (though I’m sure you all probably know that already).

Walter Mondale.

The Reaganbusters was actually cooked up by a PAC, if my memory serves me correctly.

Ah, the ol’ deification of Reagan.

Something I’ll NEVER understand. :sigh:

I don’t even know who he is.

I knew a cheerleader named Reagan when I was an undergrad.

My damn…I heart Reagan.

Remove Reagan, insert FDR/JFK/Ike/Clinton/Any President.

Presidents are only human, and thus make errors - UNBELIEVEABLE!

You and I are similarly political, and you must admit…the spirit of Ronnie is EVERYWHERE lately.

Even from the pouty lips of the disaster herself…Sarah Palin, in a flurry of incoherent babble, essentially says I = Reagan.

How does one even begin to wrap one’s mind around something like that? :whatever:

I’d like to wrap my mouth around her.

Are you going to join my movement to Draft Newt in 2012?

But yeah, Reagan is the banner-standard lately - the thing is, none of them can live up to him. Reagan knew how to work the media, no one this year has had that not even Barry - granted he is a lot better than the others were. Huckabee was pretty good at working the media/crowd, but he was no Reagan.

Palin… well, it takes all kinds of people to make the world work.

perhaps someday, Reagan will appear on currency…hey Ron, remember the ad with Micheal Dukakis riding in the tank? classic!

And whether Palin gets in with McCain this go round, I don’t know…these polls are all over the place.. she has a bright political future, despite the liberal media’s attempts to smear her…surely I need not give examples? She’s bright, smart, capable, and large amount of Americans can relate to her. she’ll hold higher public office…sooner or later

Palin should work to get Ted Stevens reelected, resign as Governor and have her Lt. Governor nominate her to replace the convicted Stevens.

She’s going to run in 2012, and fail hard. The McCain campaign has ruined whatever chance she had in the next two cycles. I personally look forward to September 2012 when we have President Obama debating Republican Nominee Newt Gingrich.

we should have an obama-mcain poll on gb fans.

http://picasaweb.google.com/peadarmurphy/Miscellaneous#slideshow

lol

Oh, I totally agree with you.

Tooooooooooooootally.

:lol:

Well, perhaps maybe the last part…

Bright…you mean like the sun?

lol

Yes. He means glossy.

Stephen Schwartz was not so far off in 2003 when he wrote the lyrics to the song ‘Popular’ in the play Wicked. Clearly he was commentating on the impact of image whether it be high school or the highest office in the land.

**…To - think - of

Celebrated heads of state**,

Or specially great communicators! (can we all say Ronald Reagan/ the “Great Communicator”? )

**DID THEY HAVE BRAINS OR KNOWLEDGE?

Don’t make me laugh!

They were POPULAR!

Please!

It’s all about popular.

It’s NOT about APTITUDE,

It’s the way you’re VIEWED,

So it’s very shrewd to be,

Very very popular

like ME!**

If you have the inclination to watch some great theatre, then click here If not, then you will not get to experience the insight of Schwartz and the delight that IS Kristen Chenoweth. She takes the lyrics and makes them even more riveting than he probably ever intended or thought possible.

Wardrobe, hair, shoes, presentation which lacks substance but ‘sounds good’, glowing smiles etc. The silly list is endless. Interesting that all of those things are actually a part of the current political landscape yet actually do NOT have anything to do with being the American President or V.P.

EDIT: (I’m the edit queen) But I just watched the video again and realized that she even applies LIPSTICK to her subject matter. Gee, how strangly current. : )