Proton Gun Assembly / now for sale on e-bay

I basically just took my time, and experimented with dry fitting everything before I got brave enough to start putting it all together. I did a significant amount of bondo work to prep the surface, and I had to modify some stuff to make it fit together properly. The big secret is being patient, and taking small steps. If you have specific questions, let me know I’ll be happy to help.

looks like you put a lot of effort into it. Nice job! Did you do the pack yet?

The pack is next. I’ve got a number of parts already and am now just waiting to hear back from loveusmonkey on a pack shell. That is going to go a lot quicker I suspect as I have almost everything I need to make that pack complete except for those Alkon fittings and the Legris Elbows. Dammit those are hard to find. I’ll probably have to break down and use some resin castings of the Legris Elbows unless I get really lucky. I’ve been searching the internet, ebay, surplus and salvage places for months now with no luck.

Incorrectly identified all these years, they are Legris straight fittings… And there are of course like the Legris elbows several revisions of the straight fitting, see upper right of this photo…

So Ex / looks like you’ve cornered the market on those fittings. Care to sell me two?

I sold most of those to the forums last year, I only have a few left and I’ll be using those…

Persistence and willing to pay the price is what you need when sourcing these parts, most people don’t stick to it… It’s been 4 years or so for me collecting parts and I still search all the time, and boy do I have a collection of stuff after 4 years :slight_smile:

I hear you on the parts collection. I have stuff that I’m sure I wont use. I saw once on a forum that you’d need like 4 sets of keychains for the belt, so I purcahsed them. I also got a Sanyo ICC-82 calculator for the belt circuit, and a lifeguard 2 and a Motorola MT500 and I cant imagine wearing all that crap at once. My pants will be falling down from the weight of it all. I can see wearing the radio and the circuit belt and maybe one keychain but throw in Gloves and a trap holster and pretty soon you look more like Batman than a Ghostbuster. If you have any ides on those fittings let me know. I’m looking foward to getting my Gun Lights, Pack Lights and integrated sound kit from you. I’m very excited! My next project is building the pack. I’m going to order a pack shell so I wont really be building it, more like just putting some stuff together. I suspect that the pack build will be a little easier than the gun build was.

As I am making a new gun for myself, this gun is now lisled on E-Bay for sale. I finally installed the grips, so with the exception of lights, the gun is now as complete as I can make it.

If anyone would like to bid, here is the link. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220267342885

Thats a great looking gun!! Good luck with the auction

Griff

wonderful! I bidded-ed on it and met your reserve. Thanks for putting this up for auction, it’s gonna go great with my pack which I can now devote my full attention to in order to have it ready for halloween.

btw I like how u call it a “particle thrower”. i’ve always loved that term ever since i first heard it the RGB and I never will get used to “neutrona wand” as i didn’t hear that until recently.