Proton Pack #4 All or Nothing

**This is my fourth pack that I have created over the past four years, I decided to finally make as close to a 100% accurate pack as possible. I bought HOTSHOT’s proton gun kit cause I wanted to cut down on some construction time. Also bought Exoray gun lights. Will hopefully be completely finishing the gun by next weekend.

Let the pictures begin…

Hotshot’s gun kit**

I drilled out the switch holes and the bargraph opening, I had to make it a little bit larger so the bargraph would slide in there. Will putty later on…

I decided to putty the top part of the gun cause there was some scratches and what not in it so wanted to make it as smooth as possible.

The bargraph is in!!

A closer look…

Decided to putty the side of the gun body to make it flush

Sanded it once, and puttied it again…

Second time sanding the gun

Primed

First coat of paint…

And now the decals

And now a real R701 Clippard valve to add the gun for a nice realistic feel

Both the stream adjustment knob and the front knob both turn using a volume control that can be bought at Radio Shack.

The knob in the front is a small volume control and the stream adjustment knob uses a longer one.

After putting in the Clippard Valve I didnt like how the gun body black looked with the Clippard decal’s black.

so decided to repaint it a gloss black those pictures coming soon.

Stay Tuned More Pictures to Come

hells yeah man, nice job. you drilled out the bar graph.. i take it you dont have a dremel or do you?

Yes I did have to drill out the bargraph, I’ll be getting a dremel for christmas. So am looking forward for that.

wow!!! That gun sure needed a lot of work to be decent. Good work by the way! What i did on my decals is i took the file to a print shop, and asked them to print it in photographic paper, then i covered them with translucent paper… and glued them with cilicion or spray glue. Makes it look shiny and professional.

Your gun ended up looking pretty good.

Sal

for packs with out a dremel… impresive

thats how it is with hotshot’s stuff.

Oh ..well. My googles came out pretty good.

I think the gun could use some metallic black paint. It´ll look shinier… ofcourse if you like that look that is.

Sal

I agree. I repainted it a gloss black this past weekend, it looks alot better, will have pictures up tomorrow night sometime

man, i hate to say this after all your hard work, but i would want someone to tell me, so here goes…you got the switch block at the end of the barrel on backwards and upside down. the angular side should be on the left of the barrel for the banjo connector, then the flat side with the orange LED on the right as you look down the barrel as if aiming at something. check out the reference pics to see what i mean. the gun looks really good though. good to see another person shelling out the bucks for a real clippard too! i think it make alot of difference.

Static if you’re talking about my very first picture I put up, that is what the full non-worked kit looked like out of the box. The front boxes are in the right spots i just had them turned around in my first picture. Here are some more pictures from this week’s progression.

The new black…Gloss

After I put my clearcoat on, the paint started to bubble up in certain spots and then dried that way, so I decided to scrape it away and repaint it but when I did that I kinda gave a cool look for weathering, What do you guys think?

With the lights semi-installed, still have to secure them to the body fully.

Slo Blo Off

Slo Blo On

Top View

actually, that is a cool weathered look. dont you love it when mess ups work out in the end

wat kind of putty did u use to smooth out all the scratches and stuff?

i personally dislike the weathered look. i think people do it to be more “screen accurate”. but im sure some like the look of it tho, but not me.

I feel that your gun will look better without those scratches… but you did a great job in building it !!!

Sal

There is a part of me that likes it. Its nice to make it look used but i’d rather make it look perfect so ill be fixing the sratches this weekend. And I used a epoxy car putty that can be found in the automotive section in walmart near the car paint. thanks for the opinions!

Man, those (Exoray?) lights sure are pretty. I think those will be on my xmas list…

Nice gun too!!

Hey, Marty, for how long would the lights go on with brand new batteries?

Thanks

Sal.

Exoray’s lights make the gun look friggin’ amazing. But the barrel looks crooked to me… I don’t like that.

As far as how long they last, I think it depends on what type of batteries you use. I think a fresh one would last a couple days before the vent light starts to dim down a bit. When the batteries get low when you press the fire button the vent light will actually turn off, thats kind of a warning sign to change the batteries. I agree the lights are amazing! I do have limited room inside the gun body though. Also I’ll be fully attaching the front barrel this weekend, I didn’t have time last weekend to secure it properly so actually right now its just hanging loose that explains the crookedness look. Will post more pictures sunday night of the update. Also I’ll post some pictures of my old pack as well.

Ahh, ok, that makes slightly more sense :slight_smile: Can’t wait to see what your pack looks like when it’s completely finished.