Proton Pack kit by gbrob (Quite a few pics)

This is a Proton Pack and Thrower made from an original cast and mold by forum member gbrob. He did a super job on this pack, and got it damn close to completely accurate. I went with an MPS Ion Arm for weight reasons, and added a lot of little details myself (hose barbs, faux Clippard Valves, various metal knobs). When it was finished, tho, wow…it really came together. GbRob did an outstanding job with his mold, and even threw in some metal stickers and assorted switches and buttons for the thrower.

I’m really happy with the work he did, and I think with a few finishing touches it came out fantastic. My thanks again to gbrob for delivering such a cool prop. It’s even signed on the MoBo by Ernie Hudson.

Sorry the pics aren’t better, but this post is long overdue and I wanted to make sure gbrob got the proper credit before the end of the century. I’ve had this pack for a couple of months now. It’s still holding up great, even after AdventureCon and one day of DragonCon.

If you’d like to see more pics of this pack and my own, please feel free to browse my PhotoBucket album. It’s all Proton Packs and Ernie Hudson and stuff. Private Group Photo & Video Sharing

::Ecto-san

Looking good man. GBrob did my pack as well. Good stuff. Just waiting on the light kit now and i’m pretty much done.

Enjoy busting with the new pack!

I spy a MR FX Darth Maul end cap on the bumper. :cool:

Great pack!

impresive how much did it cost and does he still offer the kits?

Im in the process of ordering a shell from GBRob. Your pack looks great! I cant wait to get started on my first pack.

Good eye, Borzou, that is indeed a Darth Maul FX lightsaber end on the bumper. Free T-shirt on the way :slight_smile:

Coover5, my best advice would be to message the man himself. I believe he’s working on his own site to start selling his props as well.

I have more pics of the gbrob pack and my own pack in my profile. Check 'em out it you feel so inclined.

Whos bumper did you use for the pack? Is it part of the kit from GBrob?