Hey gents,
I hear a lot of praise for the man they call Norm, but I can’t seem to find any pics of packs built with his plans. Does anyone have any they can offer up so I can get an idea of what the finished product looks like?
Hey gents,
I hear a lot of praise for the man they call Norm, but I can’t seem to find any pics of packs built with his plans. Does anyone have any they can offer up so I can get an idea of what the finished product looks like?

Pretty enlightening, never seen one myself, for a pack that was made nearing a decade ago without accurate measurements and whatnot, that is a remarkably good looking pack. I’ve got a whole new appreciation for those plans
without Norm we wouldn’t be here talking to each other. He was the first. Made a proton pack back in 1996 and was the first one to publish plans on the internet.
My first pack was a Norm pack, circa 2003.
At the time, I couldn’t find the right cake pan, but the rest is made to his plans.

holy shit astantax!
every pack ive ever built was using norms 2001 plans. i have notes scrawled all over them. things i liked, things i needed to change, things i thought were useful, things i thought were alright to drop, measurements, fixed measurements. they’re my bible. very soon im going to be making a few more packs, and i’ll still use them.
mburkit, that is a pretty damn fine lookin’ pack, cake pan or no. I now see why Norm is so highly revered.