PS3 leads the way for Ghostbusters (January 22nd, 2009 )

Speaking in an exclusive interview with PSU, Terminal Reality Executive Producer Brendan Goss explains why the PlayStation 3 was chosen as the lead development platform for Ghostbusters: The Videogame and believes that the final result on Sony’s console should be “amazing.”

The reason why Ghostbusters: The Videogame wasn’t developed earlier, he says, was because Terminal Reality were waiting for the technology to do the game justice. The PS3 was its first choice.

“Sony and the talent were adamant that before they got involved with a Ghostbusters game, the tech had to be capable of providing an authentic Ghostbusters experience, and that required graphics and physics tech,” he told PSU.

The developer also spoke about the Infernal Engine, which is used to power Ghostbusters: The Videogame, stating that Sony’s console is ideal for such technology.

“The PS3 is a more demanding system to develop on and it is what the Infernal Engine was designed to exploit from the ground up. With the multiple SPU’s it has onboard a solid multithreaded engine design can really take advantage of that and give you some amazing results.”

In addition, Goss also confirmed that there will be exclusive content for PS3 owners.

Check back for the full Ghostbusters: The Videogame interview later today.

Ghostbusters: The Videogame is due to launch June 2009 to coincide with the 25th anniversary of the movie.

Damn…looks like I’ll have to by the PS3 version too. I’m gonna be broke this JUNE; as if I’m not in debt already.

Sweet,confirmation of exclusive PS3 content. :cool:

Won’t be the first time I’ve bought a console simply for ONE game. :sigh:

Sweet, ps3 exclusive content! awesome, us ps3 owners got screwed on the gta4 front, Thank god we gt this!

damn now i have to buy a ps3

Just an FYI. I saw on the news that PS3’s will be dropping in price soon.

Plus, if you have a Circuit City near you, keep an eye out on sales 'cause they’re going out of business.

The Circuit City by me were letting PS3’s go for a little over $100.00.

Seriously? Most Circuit Citys are just doing 10% off of MSRP which is actually higher than what they usually sell things for… but definitely worth a look!

the only flaw about the ps3 is it’s download capacity, when you download either a demo or brand new software it goes at a verry verry slow pace.just wanted to bring that to your attention.

I found out after the fact. My brother went up to one of the C.Cities in my area that were going “out of business” and found the place nearly empty. He spoke to the manager, and he said that they had been selling everything at crazy low prices. Consoles @ $100.00, games @ $10.00, Bluray dvds @ $5.00 etc…

If I’m not mistaken, I’m pretty sure the company as a whole went bankrupt, so keep an eye on your local Circuit Cities; 'cause they too will probably start selling items at ridiculously low prices.

I’m sticking with the 360. I’m not gonna shell out for a whole system just because of PS3 exclusives.

I think one of the important things to look at though is the interview that was just posted.

"PSU: Will there be any exclusive content across the different platforms?

Yes. "

While the other article just mentioned exclusive PS3 content, it looks as if the other systems will get some as well.

they better! that would be awful to strand us 360 owners. they usually don’t do that do they? i mean its usually one game for one console (see halo or little big planet) or its all consoles for one game right and they get everything right?!

All depends on the game. Sometimes each console gets something different that’s exclusive, sometimes only one gets something thats exclusive. Most of the time though, that exclusive content becomes available to download on the other consoles at a later date. Like SC4 where Yoda was a 360 exclusive and Vader a PS3 exclusive, or Spider-Man 3, where only the PS3 version got New Goblin as a playable character, all of which are now available on the other consoles.

Yes but look at GTA4, on both ps3 and 360 and the new content is only available on the 360. I do hope it comes out for the ps3 but that would be a long while if it even does come out.

I wonder if they’re considering releasing a Ghostbusters Playstation 3 set (console + game)…

If that’s the case I’d probably wait to buy a PS3 until the set comes out.

It’d be cheaper too :slight_smile:

On the converse, I wonder if I would pay for an exclusive Ghostbuster-themed PS3 that coincides with the release of the game :stuck_out_tongue:

Dont forget about us PC gamers!

Makes me feel so lucky that i am a ps3 owner :cool:

The feeling is mutual Dr. Logan, the feeling is mutual.