Question about belt gizmo holders

Ok I did something stupid this morning. I was modifying a leather tape measure holder for my belt gizmo. Ended up cutting the bottom down to shorten it and, in the process, cut the bottom of the belt loop off. So it’s scrap and chalk it up to learning.

What’s a good holder to use for the basis of your belt gizmo? I don’t want to heavily modify the next one, like I was with this one.

Thanks!

This tape holder is pretty easy to modify. Just cut the top and bottom straps off and use black leather dye.

http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hardware-Tool-Storage/Custom-LeatherCraft/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xg1ZarixZ1pm/R-100194521/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Of course, MultiMediaMayhem makes a pretty nice belt gizmo holder for $18.00 (the dimensions are more screen-accurate than the Home Depot tape holder).

http://www.multimediamayhem.net/partsforsale.htm

http://www.amazon.com/Leathercraft-04645-Leather-Measure-Holder/dp/B004GNWE9W?tag=gbfans-discourse-20

This would be a good one. Nice thick front strap, button, no open loop on the bottom. No stamped logo. If I was buying another I’d go for this one…

Links in this post may be affiliate links. Purchases made through them help support this site at no additional cost to you.

You’re too right, picked up one of those and had it cut down and died within an hour. Looks great, and thanks for the tip!

:crunch:

No prob! Wish I would have found this one when I bought mine. :stuck_out_tongue: Post a pic so we can see.

I have a bunch of leather left over. I need to make my own. Is there any accurate patterns.

I just copied a tape measure holster. Lay it on top of the leather, trace, cut. The “pouch” section I just guestimated on size. If you don’t have a tape measure holster already take a pencil and paper to the hardware store and trace one.

Anyone sizes or a pattern for the holster?!?

There was one just posted in this thread: GBFans.com

I’m also working on one right now… only I hope I’m printing it right. At 200mm it printed out way too big ( I think ) So I just sized it so that the belt loops were the same as the belt pistol. I’ll post up my progress tonight.

I know this is an older posting, but I just wanted to 2nd Lewis Tully’s alternative above. Still working on my gizmo, but after cutting and dying the holder, it looks pretty decent. Here’s a shot below.

Links in this post may be affiliate links. Purchases made through them help support this site at no additional cost to you.

this looks really good, what did you use for your gizmo base?

Links in this post may be affiliate links. Purchases made through them help support this site at no additional cost to you.

Thanks :slight_smile: I just used a sheet of styrene, paired it green, and stuck on a printout of a copy of an actual board. .08 Thick I believe . The “circuitry” on the board that go under the chips are gold paper clips.