Belt Holster Pattern?

Does anyone know if there are patterns for making your own leather holster?

By leather holster, are you referring to the **Belt Gizmo **holster, **MT500 Radio **holster, or Trap holster?

From what i have seen, most holsters are either tape measure holders or hammer holders that have been modified, My reccomondation is that if you want to make your own, buy a 5 dollar hammer holder from Walmart or Fleet Farm and trace it.

Right,

For belt gizmos.

He may be talking about a trap.

The same principal applies, however you can modify it any way you want as long as you have a reference point.

image

and this contributes to the discussion how? I merely stated that it wouldn’t be hard to make what he needed if he had template to go off and some good old American ingenuity .

And you telling him to throw something together without even taking into context what is needed?

If you want to hang your trap from something you threw together with some good ol’ American ingenuity, by all means do it.

But for me me trap is to expensive to have off a tape measure holster that is bubble gummed together.

LOL, ok I was referring to the gizmo, sorry. I don’t want to buy a holder and modify it. I’m a leather worker so I’ll just be making my own.

how did i ever imply shoddy workman ship? Since you are not understanding what i am trying to imply let me spell it out for you.

A. buy a reference holder.

B. (he implied he wants to make something out of a template i can reasonably assume that he has leather to work with,)

SO, referencing the holder he can layout and then cut out a design that fits his needs

C. if he was indeed going to hang a trap off of his holder, and since most people make there own, I can assume that he is intelligent enough to realize that he is probably going to need a back plate behind the holder to give it rigidity and something to bolt / rivet to.

Thus a custom made holder for a trap is made as well as bragging rights. And that is what is called American Ingenuity. The ability to rationally think a problem through and come up with a logical solution.

Was that simple enough to understand this time?

I dont know of any templates or plans to custom make one. My recommendation is that you look at the reference photos of the belt gizmo and make your own. That way you can share with the rest of us and have even more bragging rights!!! I personally used an old hammer holster that i modified. Good luck man! Cant wait to see what you come up with

I just looked at this.

And figured you had no idea what you were talking about.

your point sir? I personally made my gear out of what i had in materials and budget. The important thing to me is not that i am screen acurate, but the KIDS i volunteer for at the Children’s miracle network are awed and have a good time. I have received many compliments on my gear. I realize that is not screen accurate at this point but i am working towards. Now that picture is when i had not fully completed my belt gizmo. I have put a lot more time and effort into it and am happy with the way it turned out. So i recommend laying off. I do this to give back to my community and not just to have a good time.

Am I supposed to feel bad now?

Don’t point the guy in any direction unless you can show that you know your back end from a hole in the ground.

There was a downloadable one on here. I used it but I can’t for the life of me remember which thread it was in so I cant give props for the source, sorry!

This is the image:

Thank you, this is what I was looking for.

I printed the pattern out to 200mm but it seemed really big! So I just scaled it so that the belt loops would be at the same width as the pistol belt. Which is 2.25"… so I’m told. I’m working on one now and should have pics up by tonight and go from there.

just as a sidenote, I had my dad fashion a SICK, sturdy holster for my trap out of a pneumatic nailgun belt holster. Studry is the word here, because I found out pretty quick that as soon as I went clubbing out in full gear, people actually like to grab your shit out of sheer absent-minded fascination … without asking.

This is how mine looks on my belt and I made it 200mm high: