Question about Kenner Ghost Trap

First time poster here. I have a question about the Ghost trap toy made by kenner in the 80’s. I recently discovered that I had the toy still when I was cleaning out a storage shed along with alot of other 80’s and 90’s era toys. Some of the other toys went to Goodwill. I am now realizing that I put the little glow in the dark ghost in the Goodwill bin (not knowing at the time it was part of the set). I noticed that most of the ebay auctions for the ghost trap don’t have this ghost. If I had the little glow in the dark ghost with it how much would it really have added to the overall value?

Nothing. Maybe a few cents. It all depends on what the buyer is willing to spend, in the end though.

about 0 its all about is it mint in box or used. thats where u see the difference in prices from 60 and 10 bucks give or take

Having anything in a complete set adds to the value. What makes the difference is if having the piece is rare enough or important enough to really matter. In this situation since the ghost does not make the key component of the trap work or anything it adds less value then say if you had all the insides in great working condition. If you had the whole trap mint in box with the ghost the value goes up a lot more because it is a full set (or even if used in box with the ghost).

i always thought that ghost was stupid. it was a reissued action figures pack in ghost, not in roleplay toy scale. and totally took away from the imagination, having to stop and put a ghost in the trap physically.

You didn’t have to stop, you just had to throw the ghost, with perfect aim, and time it perfectly, so that the ghost would land in the trap just as you stomped on the pedal to open it! :slight_smile:

Well, that’s what I tried anyway. Didn’t really work out, I wasn’t all that coordinated. :frowning: And I lost that ghost pretty early. He’s probably still lurking under the fridge. :sigh:

i carried the ectoplasm in my trap when i was a kid. so i leaked out as a ran around the house. Ruined a great carpet and couch that way

i used to center the ghost on the trap doors and when i puched the pedal the ghost would shoot up a couple inches and fall into the trap. lots of fun! still have the little guy too, inside the trap :slight_smile:

I did this too. Was so awesome.

what? I used my Kenner pack and trap to catch real ghosts. you guys were doing it wrong.