"Its Doctor Venkman!" (custom 12" figure)

I did not do the head, it was painted by the artist, just swapped everything from the mattel figure to a Hot Toys body and upgraded some of the equipment as well.

pretty good, though the head sculpt is a lil too

image

in spots…maybe the lower half of the face is a lil too thin…i dunno

Pretty awesome! You should talk to Astrozombie about getting some upgraded elbow pads.

um…hmm…i dont think it looks like bill murray. maybe bill murray after a hard life and a 30 years of smoking. nice effort thoughm but i prefer the mattel version.

Really? I do think the neck and lower face/chin/jaw area are a little thin…but, I definitely think it looks like ole’ Mr. Murray.

The Mattel version isn’t awful, but it kinda has a glassy eyed doll look to it.

I really like the “life” this sculpt has. I definitely feel the “Oh ■■■■, Imma about to get slimmed” expression on his face.

I dig it.

Yeah, definitely has more of a Modern Murray look to it, rather than an Early 80s Murray.

It gave me a mental preview of Ghostbusters 3 Venkman.

Not sure if thats good or bad.

How does the uniform and gear fit on the hot toys body? Does it hang better?

i would prefer mattels plastic doll version to this cuz at least it still retains that bill murray GB 2 look then looking like a creepy alternate version of murray on drugs. looks like pete venkman: hick style - lets go round up them there goosts pardnerz!

but still, good effort. but ive seen better venkman sculpts on sideshow freaks.

That is definitely true

It is definately a good effort, I give you props on that. It looks cool, but as other have said, the lower part does look a lil thin.

I think the skin tone is too dark.

Maybe it’s just me.

Joke, of course.

I think the lighting accentuating the the lines in his face and poc marks is whats making him look old. In person he actually looks much younger like a GB1 Venkman but I do concede he is a bit of a caricature. I also love the expression this Venkman has, I’m upto about 20 custom figures now and alot of them just have blank looking faces so its nice to get one with emotion.

I’m a member over at Sideshow Freaks, I’ve seen the other sculpts as well. The best one is Spenser’s set of Ghostbusters but they look kind of like the Video game versions of the guys IMO. I am going to be getting a modded version of his Venkman head on this Steve Zissou however.

And a few others you guys may like. Spenser did the heads for these guys as well, but didn’t paint them.

is that Eric Stoltz?!

Great Scott!!

That Doc Brown is awesome!

I just saw the footage of him in Bttf released this week, thank god that didn’t happen.

Thanks!

One more of Pete in better light.

image