Radome.........

Hi guys

As a few of you know I’m building and 1983 Caddy Ecto … I’m stuck on one part for the rack equipment…

the radome ..for now I’m going the cupcake dome and painting it white.. it 4.25 in diameter and about 7in tall ..it looks ok but not happy with it… Does anyone have a better idea or something they have used and works …

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/ramcuda/ECTO Convert_100_0686_zps1f92aea7.jpg)

Check out Martin’s (drcaron’s) thread.

He used an industrial thread case. It will take a bit of plastic/body work, but looks pretty good.

I think yours looks pretty decent, too. What don’t you like about it?

wow … i never thought about that … and i was looking at that in the sue and vac store last week…

Thanks for that Ecto Fan … Martin has been a big help on stuff…

As for the dome im using it just so thin…the first one i grabbed it to hard and it cracked ..

If you like here is the link to my build ..

Brush the inside in fiberglass, then shoot it full of expanding foam?

why i can think simpler … i over think things …

thanks texasbuster …

No prob! just make sure the fiberglass is nice and cured and solid before you shoot any foam into it. I’d do three coats or so.

Let me know how it goes and post some pics!