Reitman & Aykroyd interview

I mean, when they were promoting the movie all they said was positive things (great movie, funny story, great idea). Only now we hear some critical aspects.

Reitman: had different ideas, the movie was too expensive.

Hudson: prefer a passing of the torch movie over a reboot, feel sorry for the girls who had to “rethread” an old story VS. Doing their own thing in an hypotetical true sequel.

Yeah, I can agree with those sentiments. But I don’t think it has anything to do with NDA’s. It’s not uncommon to critisize and analise a movie after the fact. Especially a movie that was so divisive.

And he’s still saying that. There’s no dramatic reveal that he hated the movie or anything: “I think it was an entertaining movie. Certainly I don’t think anybody could say that it wasn’t a good movie.”

Guys…people can say positive things about ATC without it being some evil conspiracy, lol. Yeesh…

ATC fans have been saying from the very beginning that we would have preferred a sequel. But somehow that was always ignored because we weren’t also spitting with rage over a reboot.

Hey, calm down ■■■■■■.

I didn’t said that Ernie is saying negative things about the reboot. He’s still talking nicely about it only adding a BUT at the end. Back in July there weren’t no BUT.

Of course people are going to be mostly positive when the movie is coming out. And of course they’re going to point to possible reasons why the BO wasn’t higher. It’s not a big conspiracy.

I never mentioned the word conspiracy.

I was only wondering at how Ernie`s words has changed trough the time.

From: bad idea to wonderful movie to bad idea again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nothing has changed. People are capable of holding more than one idea in their head about a movie. You are nitpicking basic human and marketing psychology, because we can’t have ATC getting praise for more than two seconds at a time.

To tell the truth I liked the reboot. It was a little nice parallel dimension chapter of the saga. Nothing Oscar worthy, nothing so nightmarish.

So, if I make an observation about the movie reception or about its stars statement it’s purely out of curiosity.

I recalled you saying you were greatly disappointed, among other things. But hey, like I said, we can hold more than one thought in our heads. :wink:

I think not hiring Hudson for RGB was for the best. Having one but not all the cast voicing their characters would have felt too uneven. Arsenio Hall did a great job so that worked out fine in the end.

As Juror mentions here the key to this is ‘positive publicity’. Hudson obviously isn’t going to say anything bad about a film that’s coming out he has ties to right? Yeah it’s fake to see actors sometimes pretend to show enthusiasm for a film but that’s how publicity works.

Juror you’re not keeping a list of who likes and dislikes Answer The Call are you? I ask because that’s not a very helpful thing to do, grouping people like that. I’m sure you don’t but curious by what you’ve said :slight_smile:

A fair question. No I don’t keep a list, nor do I need to. I have something of a…freakishly good memory and often can connect a user name to an opinion they’ve stated.

I’m not going to reply to the rest of your comment as it seems to only exist to create conflict.

Would like to add while searching for this image I found at least three fan images of Holtzman hugging Erin. Weird. :mrgreen:

Awwww. :blush:

Oh yeah that. Well apparently a lot of reboot fans want Holtzmann to end up with Erin. ::shrugs:: I can’t picture Holtzmann sharing attention with anyone, personally. :wink:

I found three pictures of them doing that and they were quite sexual. There was an Egon and Janine sexual embrace as well although i decided not to post that one as you can imagine why. :shock:

Only three? That’s a slow day, lol.

I only scrolled down a bit. They’re could be more. :lol:

I’m gonna have to nip that line of discussion in the bud as it’s starting to get a little inappropriate, and irrelevant to the Reitman/Aykroyd interview.

1 Like

What Ben said. You might take a look here though:

Apologies I won’t make up with Juror next time with a Ghostbusters hug image. :roll:

It’s pretty obvious that I wasn’t talking about the image of Egon and Janine.