Reitman & Aykroyd interview

Can someone sum up what they said? Thanks!

Nothing really new, actually.

They mention the guys and the girls, Ivan gets asked a few details from the old movie, but he does not remember most of them. Dan thinks humor evolves, but Ivan thinks humor is timeless. Both get to push their latest thing, e.a. crystal skull is mentioned and Ivans newest movie, which is a biopic.

Still fun to listen to, though!

Edit: Also, why does it say new topic from Alphagaia when I click on notifications?

So nothing about future gb projects?

Apart from writers doing their thing: nothing.

Whoooot! Writers writing what?

They asked about the animated film, Dan said they have writers in the process now and the studio is very enthusiastic about it.

Oh, no. It’s Ghostbusters 3 all over again. Fortunately I don’t think it will take 27 years to get the next project off the ground.

Well, even if it really were Ghostbusters 3 now at least they don’t have to wait for Murray to read it.

Might be another 15. Hopefully the children of the 80’s wont be in our 50’s when it comes out.

Words and stuff. Give it a listen!

It was fun hearing Reitman school Troy and Chris on comedy and the podcast is proof there are GB questions that stump him. I was hoping he would have known what was playing when Egon was scanning the halls.

Ha ha ha… some already act like they are.

I did it, but I can’t understand spoken English very well.

That’s one I don’t know, but if I recall correctly it was a radio broadcast of some sorts, right?

It could. I honestly don’t know. Without ever looking hard into it, I always had a shot in the dark guess it was an episode of “Dallas” because I’m 90% sure I hear the name “Barnes” like Troy asked in the podcast. It was the evening, prime time TV, someone was probably settling in for the night.

In his defense, it was over thirty years ago and if it wasn’t a conscious decision of his, it could have been something free or in the public domain that the sound mixer/designer just threw in there.

Agreed. I just meant that’s the first time I heard him reply he didn’t know. Hmm, sound mixer should be in the credits…

http://www.ramascreen.com/interview-ernie-hudson-talks-to-me-about-apb-and-ghostbusters/

I guess Ernie didn’t liked the reboot idea so much.

The further we get from the release of the reboot, my feelings about the reboot become more and more like Ernie’s feelings about the reboot.

Maybe their NDA have expired?

Even Reitman said something less enthusiastic a little while ago (that he had other ideas about the direction of the movie).

Hmm, maybe it’s trouble with English interpretation, but I see him talk about wanting to do a proper sequel (something we all want?) being disappointed by the BO of GB:ATC, and disliking the decision by the makers of the cartoon that he never got to do the voice work for the RGB. How is that less enthusiastic about the movie?