RGB concept art.

Found some cool stuff on Bob Camp’s blog. Such as a Michael Gross caricature and character designs for Flip Side.

No wonder the Peoplebusters looked kinda cartoony then, they were designed by a Ren & Stimpy cartoonist.

Wait, I didn’t know Bruce Timm worked on The Real Ghostbusters…?!? He’s legendary! I met him at SDCC about 3 years ago, great guy! Thanks for sharing, good stuff!

Oooh…that is neat.

It kind of scared me I saw the “pig snouted demon” and went “Waitaminute…that’s the thing from Robo-Buster, isn’t it?” Sure enough, I rechecked and “175-005” matches. :lol:

Great find, Roger.

Yup, he also worked on Masters of the universe. I have been searching high and low for art he did for those shows.

Yes, Bruce Timm did character design on The Real Ghostbusters but you’d hard pressed to get him to talk about it. I think it was Altieri or Riba on an RGB commentary that one of them implied Timm disliked working on the show because he wasn’t into the ‘realistic’ style RGB designs with all the line work.

Timm talks a little about the She-Ra and He-Man comic stuff he did in the book Modern Masters Volume 3. Some He-Man comic art he did is included. Very great book about Timm. Recommended buy.

Here’s more from Jim McDermott featuring character designs from the second Bogeyman episode

I’ve known about this for years, it was mentioned in his book Batman Animated. I confirmed this watching the RGB Box Set and seeing his name in the credits.

I don’t understand how his fans could not know, his RGB credits has been listed on his IMDB profile for years.

Probably because I always admired his DC work so much that I never bothered checking his previous works… I dunno, I don’t spend my life checking everybody’s IMDB…

Neither do I, mainly of the ones whos work I admire.

Yeah I was shocked to find out he worked on the show as well. I remember going through the credits on “Flip Side” and doing a double take at seeing his name pop up.

Really interesting concept work. Kind of strange to see it so cartoony compared to the finalized designs.

Oh yeah, in the Introduction he wrote circa March 1998. For those curious, the paragraph reads as

In addition, there is the stigma IMDB isn’t always be 100% correct with the information on a given page.