RGB Egon uniform question

Hey all

I’m starting on two builds here, a movie Egon and a cartoon variant, and was wondering how many other members here had done the RGB cartoon uniforms and had any tips for me.

I was thinking of getting the suit from the shop here, and was wondering if that would be suitable to be colour stripped and then coloured to the teal green style colour, and then the pink collar / highlights added.

Any tips or help would be welcome, and i’ll keep this thread updated as i go along :slight_smile:

Ian

take it noone’s tryed dying the GBfans store flightsuit to the RGB colours then?

Guess i’ll be the first to try lol

I wanted to, but I wasn’t sure how to isolate the different parts of the flightsuit to dye…

well the way i’m looking at it, the main part to dye will be the collar area… which can be comfortably unstiched and removed prior to dying…

The ‘cuffs’ around the wrists and boots will have to be done separately and sewn on once i’ve got the suit down to teal though

Well, best advice I can give you right now is start off with a bucket of scorching hot water and two packets of RIT Color Remover and soak the suit for about 20-30 minutes, stirring the suit around constantly… That’s what I did with my black Tru-Spec, and I got it down to a nice light gray… Not sure what it would do to a khaki flightsuit, but you can give it a try!

thats the plan… thankfully Egon’s suit isn’t a bright teal / aqua like Winston’s, but more of a darker colour… so i shouldn’t need to strip it down that much before dying over it

Maybe fabric paint for the collar/cuffs? I don’t know :confused:

I was thinking the same thing when I was planning to make a Devil May Cry-ish colored crimson flightsuit… wouldn’t need to remove too much of the color from a black flightsuit…

Find fabric of the correct color and sew it onto the right places.

That’s what I did to my cartoon themed uniforms. Alex Wilcox also did that, but his is more accurate color wise. Mines are on the bright side.

My thread: RGB and EGB based uniforms. - Uniforms - GBFans.com

Alex Wilcox’s thread: My Real Ghostbusters Uniforms - Uniforms - GBFans.com

I’ve got the pink material and planning on ordering a pair of Red Kap coveralls in the postman blue color since that seems to be the closest color. Pockets are not accurate though they do have ones that are but color wise it will look pretty close. Will just sew the pieces on.

I saw Andy’s one… the Egon in his group is amazing, if a bit bright on the teal… love them though :smiley:

I absolutely love your RGB pack though… was that a self build or is there someone out there doing pieces for it? :smiley:

It’s a self build.

I tried to bleach a black Rothco suit gray and it turned brown. So what I did was buy teal fabric and sewed it to the collar, cuffs and legs for a Peter style suit.

Wish I had a better picture on my iPad.

What I found easier was making the suit the base color and adding other fabric to add the color details.

hmm, getting Egon’s dark teal might require a bit more work then