My dad and I decided it would be a cool idea to build the Proton Pack from The Real Ghostbusters. I havent seen many on here and thought what the hell…why not. So here are a few pics of what we have done so far. Hopefully this will be completed before halloween.
looking good, just ONE glaring problem… the RGB packs only had 3 cyclotron lights, not 4 like the movie packs.
Yeah. my pops got alittle carried away with drill press. its definately getting covered up and the hole is going to be put in the correct spot. This weekend we are going to finish up the tower piece and complete the wand. then we are going to take measurements of everything if anyone is interested.
I would be interested in those measurements. Thanks for having us along for the ride on this build!
Not a problem. Just shoot me a message and once i have everything built, before i start assembling, i will send ya the dimensions.
Pack looks good so far, I’ve been debating on whether or not I’d make a RGB pack due to the lack of plans out there so dimensions are a must have! Lol
Sent from Teletraan-1
I like the RGB threads! Looking good.
Sent from my Motorola-XT502 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
I’d love a set of measurements. Might be a fun build. ![]()
so far it is a great build. We started working on the particle thrower this week and finished up the ION arm on the pack. Going to be working on the lighting system for both. The box for the particle thrower will be on its own 9V and the pack will be running two 9Vs. I will have alot of details on what i am doing to run the lights and stuff. I will add some pictures of the box so you can see what the side view is looking like. Alot of it i am guesstimating as to what the dimension are.
Here is the gun box that we have started. this should gie you an idea of the way the box is sorta built.

here are some updated pictures. this is the proton wand build so far and the last part of the pack itself.





At this point, with how everything is coming along, this upcoming weekend we will be ready to seal the wood and prep it for paint. we tested all of the lights and electronics and everything works great. Once we have the wood sealed, i will take more pics of the paint process for everyone. once complete then the dimesion will be taken and we will assemle everything. I hope you all are enjoying the process, my dad and i definately are bonding over this project.
Here is an updated picture of where i am at with the proton back i am building. nothing is bolted down just yet. I still need to add the red glass to the cyclotron. I have to finish painting a couple of parts and run the wiring for the lights. I am still working on the thrower as well and i should be complete with everything this week. Let me know what you all think so far.
Very nice so far.
I had a great time putting my rgb thrower together.
u gonna fill the nail gun marks?
i do have plans on spot patching the nail gun makrs throughout the entire pack. I have some really nice stuff to use for it. still have a couple of more things to do to the pack but i should be done by the time the Comic Con opens up this weekend. Lookin forward to finally getting to wear what i have spent the last few months working on.




the thrower has a couple of stuff added that are not part of the cartoon…just a personal touch to make it my own. This week i will have the pack completed, all holes will be gone and this pack will rock the Comic Con;
i really like what you have done so far. the only thing i wish i would have mentioned sooner is that i think the size and placement of the cyclotron lights are a little off. but other than that you did a great job.
Very nicely done! I agree with Ecto, I say the upper cyclo lights are a little too far apart. Other than that, its aces
yeah, i noticed it to, they should be a bit closer but the amout of time it took just to the the cyclotron built and shaped kinda killed me wanting to redo it. lol. but its all good. Its my first build and i just loved the uniqueness of the RGB pack. I still got some more work going into it and i figured as long as i got the main part done and working, i can now spend the time tweaking the pack and doing more with it. what i would love to do is eventually add a sound board with the RGB sounds to it. I think that would be sick. I will start taking measurements for it and giving those out to thoses that would like them. If anyone is interested in the measurements. shoot me a PM and i will get them to you as soon as i have all of the schematics of my build done.
Finally got wear my rgb pack this weekend at the albuquerque comic con.

Yes it was Kick Ass approved

And Batman approved.

Looks great, man. looks like you had a blast, too.
