scored a jumpsuit

well Andy and Bax is portlands main surplus store so i headed down there to see what they had for flighsuits and all of the khakis were the rothco yellows (bleh) except for one stadard issue which was in great shape other than the main zipper being blown out, but that gave me the opportunity to talk the guy into selling it to me for 19 bucks (SCORE!), so a couple hours later and a couple bucks lighter after purchasing a new zipper I was squared away. The flightsuit was one size too big for me and was pretty baggy, but I restitched the seams on the arms, body, and legs to take in the material and now it’s fitting like a glove. Not too shabby! I’ll post pics of me in it once more parts start coming together. for now..

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/abntroop/FS_Ghostbusters stuff_000_0007.jpg)

Thats looking great Matt!

You sir are in my good graces for passing up those Crotchcos and getting this Nomex and even though it was damaged, you breathed new life into it!

Take some sand paper or a dremel and remove the black paint on the zippers so the brass underneath shows and it’ll be even nicer.

did you make the patches yourself?

Hey thanks for the knd words, I would never have known to steer clear of the Rothco suits if it wasn’t for you guys, so big thanks there! :slight_smile: on a side note, for anyone on the fence when purchasing a jumpsuit, I got to feel ths nomex and the rothco side by side, and the fabric is wayy softer, hangs better, looks like it would breathe better, and in person looks more authentic. Even if you can’t get a deal like I did, the nomex is worth the extra $$, you’ll be glad for it in the Long run.

Yeah, they’re custom placeholders for patches, I just did iron ons on a thicker material then glued them down. It’ll do for now til the patch and custom name tape show up :slight_smile:

You’re right about the Nomex except for the breathing part.

One of the few good things about Rothco’s is that they breath much better due to their high cotton content. Nomex is 98% synthetic aramid fiber and does not breathe well when compared to cotton/poly blends like Rothco and Tru-Spec.

Maybe this one is pretty broken in, it’s comfy :slight_smile: made me miss wearing bdu’s every day

Rothco should be banned from the universe.

YES!

wait . . . . . .you know those white belts that we get and dye gray for GB1 usage?

those are usually made by Rothco

Well even the devil has appetizing deals occasionally :slight_smile:

got my boots ![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/abntroop/FS_Ghostbusters stuff_100_0588.jpg)

and my elbow pads are squared away![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/abntroop/FS_Ghostbusters stuff_c.jpg)

piss tube![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/abntroop/FS_Ghostbusters stuff_b.jpg)

Nice deal I just scored a Nomex off Ebay for $40 myself … there is a guy that has quite a few in many sizes and he did me good.