Scratch built Belt Gizmo and Lifegard (finished 29/05)

Hey all,

I’ve been working on my uniform and I thought I’d share some photos with everyone.

Here is my Belt Gizmo (unfortunately I forgot to take some WIP pics):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41676439@N06/4644490438/

I know it’s not accurate, but I just wanted to get something together from what I already had (except for the holster which I had to get), which looks the part and has a bit of a personal touch to it.

And here is my scratch built Lifegard WIP, based off the one in The Video Game:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41676439@N06/4643875547/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41676439@N06/4644490488/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41676439@N06/4643875647/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41676439@N06/4644490560/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41676439@N06/4643875729/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41676439@N06/4644490644/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41676439@N06/4643875789/

The main body is made entirely from foamcore, car putty, and a couple of plastic milk container tops. It’s looking a little rough, but I don’t want to spend too much time on it especially as after the holster, board and wiring goes on I don’t think anyone will notice.

image

I think your gizmo is pretty cool, it’d be neat if you could still display digits on the calculator (the classic 5318008, for example :slight_smile: ), but I think your daughterboard is a little small, it may get lost on your belt with all the other clutter.

(I decided I’d direct link your image to illustrate my point, hope you don’t mind.)

The board itself are two boards stuck together, and yeah if I had any clue as to how to program or design the circuit I’d consider trying to make it say things. I only put it on there because I thought it added a neat visual element :stuck_out_tongue:

I do need to do something with those lights, because I’m afraid they might brake off :confused:

As for the daughter-board, I didn’t realize until after I put it on the belt how small it was, but I liked the shape and the spring (it was from an car charger from one of my old mobile phones) and went with that, in fact a capacity is currently hiding the screw thats holding the clip on.

Maybe sometime during the next few weeks I’ll cobble something else together, but for now I’m too busy working on my lifegard :smiley:

Finally finished my GB:TVG Lifegard today, here is the final product plus some more WIP pictures.

Game screenshot (from GBfans) that inspired my prop.

image

My prop

image

Work in Progress pictures.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41676439@N06/4649183447/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41676439@N06/4649183495/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41676439@N06/4649802464/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41676439@N06/4649802490/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41676439@N06/4649802536/

I forgot to take some more photos of the holder, but mainly I used the cardboard to stiffen the vinyl sides and back, and used the clasps to make it easier to secure to the belt. I also made it permanently attached as I don’t intend to remove it from the holder.

Wow, that’s impressive! Great work. :smiley:

nice job on the lifegard I hadn’t noticed it was different in the game