Screen uniforms look shabby

Why is it that the original ghosbuster uniforms used in the movies look… ratty? The patches are all fraying and the fabric just looks fuzzy… I LOVE IT!

I don’t care for the crisp, clean, perfect uniforms i’ve seen people wearing… i prefer the weathered look.

Is anyone with me? Anyone make any uniforms that look well-used? Show some pictures… and explain what did you do to make them that way…

Buy a used nomex, wash w/ patches on numerous times. Not much else I can really say or show, a used nomex (at least mine) looked pretty used already.

Me and **all **the guys on here are with you Benjamin. Rubies flight suits all the way man!

Let’s hear it gentlemen!

i too like to see weathered uniforms, but the screen-used suits in GB1 were not ratty or falling apart. nor were the patches. In fact they were practically new seeing as they were custom made for the film. They use powders like fullers earth, charcoal, and other foreign substances(i.e. shaving cream or fake slime) to dirty the suit.

Ditto for Ghostbusters 2.

If you want it weathered, buy a used suit, can’t get much easer.

I’ve already purchased a used nomex suit, worn in by the US Army. I’m not asking where or how to find a used suit. Just bringing up the point that i like the used looking uniforms in the movie… down to the frayed name patches

I agree with weathering your costume. It adds to the realism of it. None of the ones in the movie looked like they just bought them… they all were weathered, wrinkled and lived in.