second attempt,

better but not perfect, thoughts?

I’d go wider for your next test- and a big help would be to have some sort of a flash bulb go off for when you start firing.

Here’s a tip: next time you prep to fire, have a digital camera with it’s flash ready aiming at you. Have a 10 second delay on it, and hit the shutter button. When the flash goes off, react like you’re firing. It really pulls the start of the firing together.

cheers foom man, that’s a simple and brilliant idea :). what program do you use on your beams? they look awesome.

im on effectslab pro at the moment. I suppose its mainly trial and error combined with patience and doesn’t matter too much on the software or does it?

I use After Effects- which is basically the standard effects program to use for this sort of thing. It’s pretty versatile- it’s used on TV shows such as Smallville, Breaking Bad, and a bunch of others.

If you have the means and patience, I suggest trying to wrap your head around it.

Righto sounds good, thanks dude. Shall try and get my self a version of that and have another blast.