I know there’s a helpful sticky made on info regarding the build of proton packs, but I was wondering if anyone had a list with links to all those who offer pack shells (resin, fiberglass, etc.). I see there’s a link to one person who does fiberglass, but I’ve seen lots of people talk about other shells they bought. Any insight would be most helpful, and if there has already been a thread regarding this, sorry.
I think Exoray makes a resin shell, and I know Studio Creations makes a vacuformed plastic shell. However, i would like to see who else does shells, too.
I’ve been researching on how to make molds, you can vacuu-form or make resin molds or what not. But why I’ve been researching it, because I have some swords I want to mold. Anyways, you pretty much have to have a pre-existing base i.e. a pack without the trimmings, build a leak-proof box, fill it with plaster, and dunk your prop in it. Once it dries and you’ve pulled out the prop, you have yourself the mother mold. Fill it with resin, let it cure and there you go.
Hi there. I just finished my pack build and I’m probably going to start producing a run of shells this coming new year. How many depends on demand. If your interested please check out my thread and send me a PM. I will let you know some details as I’m still ironing a few things out such as shipping costs.
I looked into making a silicon mold that I could do, but the amount needed for one pack is pricey. I could do it right now, but I don’t have the funds for silicon mold.
And then resin or fiberglass, that’s another story all together. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes…
I shells resin skin with fiberglass on the in side Im asking 250.00 and u get the bumper with it check out my post in the FOR SALE posting under PACK SHELLS FOR SALE there is a link to my pics of the shell