hi
i couldnt find anything in the community about the size of the “brass rod” of the thrower..
can anybody help me which size of rod i should use ?
how thick is it…??
thank you !!!
and have a nice weekend !!!
david
hi
i couldnt find anything in the community about the size of the “brass rod” of the thrower..
can anybody help me which size of rod i should use ?
how thick is it…??
thank you !!!
and have a nice weekend !!!
david
That’s the barrel extension mechanism. Freekygeeky among others sell them.
cool, thank you !!!
You’re welcome. I think the GB2 throwers didn’t have the extending barrel mechanism though. I may be wrong. Check the reference pictures on here
oh thanks. ill check it.
thanks for the tipp ![]()
No problem
Well no GB2 throwers were ever shown with the barrel extension in action, however considering the GB2 Hero packs were just retrofitted GB1 packs, and we seen GB2 hero packs with both a short/long acrylic barrel we can assume the extension was still present.
The Semi Hero packs for GB2 never had a barrel extension in them and the barrel is never seen extended on those packs.
Cheers Abaka. Helpful. I’m going the semi hero route ![]()
I used a 1/8" as that is what the green hose fits on. Home Depot sometimes has it. I got mine at Menards.
thanks alan.
i have ordered once at freekygeeky.
oh man, his parts are amazing !!! ![]()
thanks for the tip, “venkmans swagger”
You’re welcome man. Glad I could help.
this is alittle off topic, sorry david
i keep seeing hero,semi hero, stunt
can someone tell me the difference between hero and semi hero? i figured stunt is the foam packs
Check this link -

The original Hero Proton Packs were built by Boss Films in 1983; various hero and stunt models were used in both films. GhostbustersHero Packs The Hero
Check this link -
you save me once again! thanks
David, if you’re building a semi hero…You don’t need a brass rod.
I used an old coat hanger and cut a piece out and bent it to shape. Accurate or not, I think I’ll probably remove it as I don’t have an extension mechanism so it’s useless just dangling there. But that’s some good info on the rod I wasn’t aware of.