Smallville Finale (SPOILERS)

For ten years I’ve been watching this show. A decade.

It began a few weeks after 9/11 (when I was 14)… and wrapped up less than a month after Osama’s death.

My sister and I never missed an episode during the first four years of the show. It’s what got me reading comics and into Superman, not to mention writing. I was a freshman in high school when it all began, just like Clark was, and the show was always there whenever I found myself taking a big step in my life. Going off to college, hitting the working world, leaving first loves behind, copping with the loss of my brother, and finding ways to put a little bit of faith in myself… I kept finding ways to relate to the man destined for greatness, and in that way I think I’ll never be able to forget this show.

Call me sentimental, call me melodramatic, and hey- call me a loser, but I loved this show. I’m going to miss it, and I don’t think any other TV show will ever come close to grabbing me the way this one did.

Watch and smile. Superman is the best.

It did a good job of tugging at the heartstrings in places (ie EVERY TIME you saw Jonathan Kent). Sad to see some characters go (just when they were getting good), but I guess it had to be done in the interest of comic pseudo-continuity.

I did think the whole “lol brb, gotta shove Apokolips away” thing was a little too quick-and-easy. At least show us the Man o’ Steel pushing on it or something!

Wait - so is it really a spoiler that Superman is in a show about… Superman? Granted, I’ve never seen a single episode of the show, but at the very least I know it’s a show about Superman. Would have been kinda disappointing if he never became Superman in a show about… Superman. No?

Yeah, but the images I posted are from the final half hour of the series. Some people might want to wait and see Tom Welling as Superman in the context of the two-hour event. I mean, I watched for ten years and I know I wouldn’t want to jump the gun last second.

I loved the finale but my biggest gripe was the lack of one decent shot of Tom Welling in the costume. I felt like that wouldve been the payoff after 10 seasons. Just a full shot of him, as Superman standing on top of the daily planet looking over the city then flying off in a shot reminecent of the last shot of the original Superman. But overall I loved the last episode and it really made with that they would do a “Metropolis” continuation series.

Was that the first time they used the John William’s Superman/Lois Lane theme in Smallville? I thought that was a very good touch at the end - kinda nice to hear music from the motion pictures.

Some of the William’s music was used when Chris Reeve made his guest appearances.

They’ve used other pieces of the score before; most noticeably in the episode with Christopher Reeve.

I love this show and while Superman is always one of my favorites I really liked how the show introduced everyone to the larger DC universe. I liked how they made Hawkman a badass. (I missed the Booster Gold ep. Please tell me tey kept him awesome)

Unfortunately I had to miss a few of the last episodes including the finale. Waiting for the DVD release is going to be a killer for me. :frowning:

EDIT: Damn it! I type too slow

Season 10 had some great episodes, namely the premier & Booster. You’ll be happy you got the DVD.

Smallville as you leave please take the rest of the CW with you. thanks.