Spider-man 4 Scrapped-reboot On The Way 2012

wow, so they’re not only rebooting unsuccessful franchises but ultra successful ones too now? Jesus…is another decent sequel idea that hard to conceive?

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/01/11/...boot-for-2012/

"Not Found

Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn’t here.

Read more: Page not found "

I just finished reading about this. Ridiculous, man. At least let the existing series lie for a while. But a reboot so soon? Bad idea…

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/01/11/spider-man-4-scrapped-raimi-and-maguire-gone-sony-plans-franchise-reboot-for-2012/

sorry about that

Just scrap Spiderman and start a Scarlet Spider Movie.

That really bums me out. To be honest Spidey 3 wasn’t all that great, but I think there was still alot that good be done with the series. And a reboot? COME ON! :sigh:

Reboot is the rage. just cause it worked for Batman they think it will work for everything.

If a sequel isn’t going to happen (involving the same actors, director, etc.), Hollywood sees a reboot as the next best option. I can’t blame them, as if you have a license or franchise with a lot of potential (or a lot of money invested in it), a reboot can be very successful.

Examples: Batman Returns, Star Trek (2009), Casino Royale, Halloween, The Incredible Hulk.

On the other hand, sometimes it turns into complete crap: Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li, The Punisher.

I do think it may be too soon for a reboot of Spiderman, as most people were expecting a sequel, and may not be happy with a reboot.

‘The Punisher’ with Thomas Jane was amazing…the “sequal” was not.

Oops, I should have specified that it was Punisher: War Zone (2008) that was crap. :sigh:

If anyone wants to argue about Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li being crap, well, no. I don’t want to hear your argument supporting that movie. It was just plain bad.

figures, seeing as how Marvel is really pushing each film to be in one coherent universe. Tony Stark has to show up at the end of every movie now until the Avengers roll in

Repost from the GBIII sub-forum:

Typical, less than five years since Spidey 3 came out, and they’re already talking rebooting the franchise. Is this how things are going to go with Hollywood now? release three or so films, let a meagre amount of time pass by and then reboot the whole thing?

I know it worked for Hulk, any new film with an ounce of effort would’ve supassed Eric Banner’s flick, but despite Spidey 3, this series has been overall great. Tobey was a good choice for Spidey/Peter, as was Williem Dafoe as Norman Osborn and Alfred Molina as Doc Ock.

Like Fantastic 4, I don’t think the series needs to be rebooted… and I don’t see it ending well if it does.

i think it needs to be rebooted.

the first one was awesome. for a marvel movie.

the second was pretty neat. for a marvel movie.

the third one was a marvel movie.

marvel sucks.

i’ll miss bruce campbell. but luke skywalker harry, needs to go. we dont need to do a rush job of venom, and make sandman a sad story. give us classic bad guys. hell any of the original sinister six. one bad guy per movie though.dont make it dark. dont make it bright. make it a nice medium. i dont care if his shooters are organic or not, but they should be, because it was RETARDED to get BITTEN BY A RADIOACTIVE SPIDER AND BE GRANTED EVERY POWER BUT THE POWER IT ACTUALLY HAS.

way to go stan lee. and you wonder why your independent superheros suck loads. and your dc hero rewrites were garbage. because you excelsiorically stink like ■■■■.

atleast he’s not kevin smith.

that bugged the crap out of me for years, why get every power but the ability to produce webbing? seriously? in the concept way back when he could have had it come from his mouth, or ass and it would be more plausible than not having it and having to make a special shooter

Let’s keep in mind that sometimes, no matter how soon after the first was made it is POSSIBLE to get a better reboot or “reset button on the franchise” as Marvel and Sony like to CONSTANTLY say. I enjoyed the first Hulk movie for example, sure I had gripes but was entertained at the fact that I was enjoying one of my favorite comic book characters on the big screen. Edward Norton in all his bad assness comes up and says, “Oh yeah Ima do it better.” I was skeptical and disgusted…so soon? In the end it was a much more masterful, artistsic, true, and over all better film than it’s previous.

Long story short this can be a chance to see things the way the should have or coudl have been. No offense to Raimi, some of his creative descisions were out of this world and some of the classic Raimi humor and film style that I know and love was in your face obvious. But keep in mind, although I hope it’s not the first thing they do so’s not to re-hash to much…this is a chance to get the Green Goblin power ranger suit erased from our memory. Not to mention the chance for a drop dead hot Mary Jane Watson that no matter how old she ends up being, makes you feel like the worst kind of person when she spouts, “Let’s face it tiger…you just hit the jackpot.”

On the news sideof things, how legit this is or not apparently both Micheal Bay and the fellow who did Seabiscuit have expressed interest in helming the Spidey Reboot. Given his popularity now and past experience with the franchise I wouldn’t be suprised if James Cameron was givien another chance.

now i doubt Cameron would do it since he said he’d do Avatar as a trilogy if it did well, and err yeah i think its done well (major understatement) so he will probably not want another big film franchise to do, but i could be wrong and i would LOVE to be wrong cos he could produce an epic

despite what some say about Transformers, Michael Bay could be good

we’ll see, just hope its not an abomination and directed badly by someone

Superman needs/deserves a reboot more

Was Bored:

image

AMAZING!!! :slight_smile:

Personally I think this is bittersweet news. Mostly I’m just thrilled that Sam Raimi is fiiiinally done with Spidey. I enjoyed the films and all, but I would much rather see original projects from that guy. Drag Me to Hell was fantastic. My only fear is that he’ll end up wasting yet another decade of his career with some WoW trilogy. Even though I’m no WoW fan I think he’ll make a good enough movie adaption - I just hope he does that one movie, calls it quits, and moves on to other original projects which don’t cost $200+ million and 2+ years to make.

As for the Spidey reboot; if they simply must make yet another film, I think a reboot is a horrible way to go. Why on earth would people wanna see the same damn origin story that they just saw in 2002??? Unless they were gonna interpret the source material with like a whole new “groundbreaking style and never-b4-seen approach, omg”, ala Batman Begins (and even then it’d be pointless IMO), why can’t they just continue the previous storyline with new actors? I mean, sure it’s weird at first, but at least you can actually forward the storyline and make progress. Isn’t that the lesser of two evils, and better than another lame “reboot”? Batman Forever and Batman & Robin didn’t need reboots (I know those aren’t the best examples).

…Personally though I think they should just let it die. All you need is a few good film adaptions (which we totally have), and beyond that Spider-Man is better left in it’s natural comic book form (new cartoons are welcome as well). Making big-budget movies is too risky - too many elements have to come together, and half the time your movie’s gonna suck, and you’ve just wasted hundreds of millions of dollars.