Stroudy's Stantz Afterlife Homage Build

Hey all,

First proper build post on here for a while (last pack build was a Sevv shell about 15 years ago :astonished_face::flushed_face:) as I’ve spent a decent amount of time gathering parts.

I’ve been looking at building an Afterlife OG pack loosely based on the Stantz pack, I say loosely because I’ve had to take some artistic licence given the lack of reference available and I also realised (think I had a number blindness type thing after staring at pics for so long) that the afterlife packs don’t have welds on most of the parts and all my heavy props aluminium bits have welds :disappointed_face: oh well.

I’ve gathered as many real parts as possible as well as aluminium bits.

Booster tube, PPD, Injector tubes, N Filter, HGA, Vac tube, Filler tubes, ion arm are heavy props (GBFans supplier).

Shell, Charge plate, Ribbon cable and mobo all from Proton Props and is his new cold cast shell which is just staggeringly beautiful and easy to work with.

Booster frame and bumper from Macks Factory.

Clippard parts including the 331 from GBFans.

Tubes, ion arm rod, lenses from Epic Props.

SMC and couplers from Warheimer props.

Switches from punk rocket props.

Still the wand to do, add the bellow, paint the mobo, tighten a few bits and add the ninjatunes light and sound kit.

Have a lot of the rest of the bits purchased and hoping I might be fully done for Cross the Streams 2024 in November :blush:

Hope you all like it and thanks to all the parts suppliers and people who have given advice along the way including Ray Cameron, Stu Thompson, Toby Canham-James, David Rotherham, Simon Carr and Russell Palmer.​

imageStantz Afterlife build by Bill Billings, on Flickr

imageStantz Afterlife build by Bill Billings, on Flickr

imageStantz Afterlife build by Bill Billings, on Flickr

imageStantz Afterlife build by Bill Billings, on Flickr

imageStantz Afterlife build by Bill Billings, on Flickr

imageStantz Afterlife build by Bill Billings, on Flickr

imageStantz Afterlife build by Bill Billings, on Flickr

imageStantz Afterlife build by Bill Billings, on Flickr

imageStantz Afterlife build by Bill Billings, on Flickr

imageStantz Afterlife build by Bill Billings, on Flickr

Looking great man. I can’t speak for anyone else, but I am a big fan of the Post-GB2 packs in Afterlife and was bummed we didn’t just get those in Frozen Empire. Really dig the aging on the booster tube.

Thanks - yea, would have been nice to see them again FE, little bit of a GB2 hybrid but a good one :smiling_face:

Bit more work on the pack but have pretty much got as far as I can for now.

Still need to tighten one straight but managed to apply some more decals, paint and weather the mobo, add the charge plate and get everything on the Alice frame and padding sorted.

Ordered the fullers earth as well and just need to weather the decals.

Haven’t added the lenses yet, will sort that when I am ready to install the ninjatunes kit once I’ve built the thrower.

I have reattached the filler plug decal Wink :wink:

imagePXL_20240615_113415291 by Bill Billings, on Flickr

imagePXL_20240615_135905022 by Bill Billings, on Flickr

imagePXL_20240615_135907627.MP by Bill Billings, on Flickr

imagePXL_20240615_143148283 by Bill Billings, on Flickr

imagePXL_20240615_135900981 by Bill Billings, on Flickr

This is awesome. Loving the attention to detail

Thank you :smiling_face:

Absolutely top work, looking great!

I am in a similar boat as you at the moment, crushing to get things finished in time for CTS in November, So potentially shall see you there

Nice one!

I shall look for your build thread and have a nose :blush:

Thank you by the way! Lol.

It’s not quite as close as I would have liked but it’ll do!

Haven’t got a build thread on here just yet, been compiling imagery etc for some time. But Will make a post soon as i’m nearing completion (probs about 98% with the pack).

That said, I do post regularly of my progress on Instagram etc. can find me @Light.IsGreen if you’d like to have a gander

Cool, will take a look :smiley:

Wow, just realised I never updated this with the wand build :shock:

imagePXL_20240728_184041403 by Bill Billings, on Flickr

imagePXL_20240728_184006125 by Bill Billings, on Flickr

imagePXL_20240728_184024290 by Bill Billings, on Flickr

imagePXL_20240728_183959032 by Bill Billings, on Flickr

imagePXL_20240728_183939411 by Bill Billings, on Flickr

imagePXL_20240728_183922875 by Bill Billings, on Flickr

imagePXL_20240728_183930559 by Bill Billings, on Flickr

imagePXL_20240728_183911167 by Bill Billings, on Flickr

imagePXL_20241208_150257849~2 by Bill Billings, on Flickr

imagePXL_20241208_150434904~2 by Bill Billings, on Flickr

And that’s the full build :cool:

Looks great! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks man and no worries! :nicejobyoudid:

Great build!

How’d you weather your flight suit?

Sean

Thanks man - it’s a magnoli so came with the option to have it weathered :blush:

Looking good my guy! Magnoli suits are superb, I own 3. All 1 of each.

Shocked to actually see a Proton Props shell actually exist in the wild!

Yea, they are really nice suits, zips could do with being a bit better but the weathering etc is spot on.

Beautiful build! The cold cast shell is perfect for this look too. Now all you need to do is break the v-hook and carry the thrower over your shoulder :blush:

That looks amazing and I now have another pack style I want to eventually build and display with my others

Thanks :slightly_smiling_face: