Svee
April 10, 2010, 8:12am
1
After effects again. I helped out a fellow Ghostbuster with his home movie. This time round i used wiggler on the end point of the stream and various distortion methods for the stream animation. I know a lot of people use “wave” for the stream but i wanted something much more random. I think its faaaar better than the first one i did and this one took me about 8 hours in total.
I even managed to get old Slimer in there too
That looked awesome man. Did you do this in After Effects with some 3D camera work?
Svee
April 10, 2010, 11:00am
3
Cheers. It was After effects yeah but all done in 2D. I just made the stream wider as it got closer to the camera.
GAVAL
July 13, 2010, 9:49pm
4
This actually is one of the best I’ve seen so far! Nice job with the foreshortening.
G
Nice one! I like this almost better than the wave!
Only thing I could say is re-shoot with the same effect and sound effects but react as if your actually shooting a particle thrower …remember they always kick you fire them. other than that, as I said before, very nice!
That looked great, probably one of the better fan made proton streams I’ve seen
Sent from Teletraan 1
Hi, Amazing work there.
Do you have Tutorial for this as I’ve just reinstalled After Effects CS4 after getting really annoyed with it last time!.
I wasn’t able to ever work out how the Proton Stream was ever made and/or added to video footage?.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
http://www.youtube.com/v/gTXCN05vjGc Proton Stream Tutorial v1.0 Jeff Schmidt 4/19/2009 DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any illegal downloading of software, or any remifications caused by that including, but not limited to: Downloading of a...
That’s my after effects tutorial. It uses “the wave” that is being mentioned in this thread.
Svee:
After effects again. I helped out a fellow Ghostbuster with his home movie. This time round i used wiggler on the end point of the stream and various distortion methods for the stream animation. I know a lot of people use “wave” for the stream but i wanted something much more random. I think its faaaar better than the first one i did and this one took me about 8 hours in total.
I even managed to get old Slimer in there too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPW_wkIKvNA
Not bad! 8 hours is a long time. Now you can do it in 10 min. http://www.authorityfx.com/ghostbusters-proton-stream-tutorial/