Hi all, just wondering if anyone had installed a 3 position switch to use multiple power sources on Haslab pack? Thought being, I’m installing a talentcell and am staring at this empty D battery compartment. What if you install the 3 way switch to use one power source as a back up. If the talentcell dies you could switch it over to the D’s to finish up your night. Or even switch to a secondary battery cell. With the on/off/on 3 position switch you do this easily and only have to share the neutral(black) wire. Then run the positive (red) wire from power sources to each side of switch and main red wire from board to switch.
It would be pretty straightforward to do, I suppose… but why? Those D cells add a noticable amount of weight. And what have you added to your pack, such that you’re actually draining even a smaller 3k TalentCell pack in a single day? The 3K model lasts 8+ hours pretty easily. Honestly if it came to that for me I’d probably stick a spare second TalentCell into my pocket, and add another input jack inside the snack compartment.
Yeah I agree with you. Just nice to know that compartment doesn’t have to be a total loss. Guess that D battery compartment could be an area for an additional power source that isn’t so heavy too.