I’ll never bash anything ghostbuster related…until now. The absolute worst episode I have seen out of all the RGB is “Adventures in slime and space”. This episode has the worst writing, acting, and even the animation is shoddy. I cringe everytime I see this episode, and unfortunately its daily because my son demands watching his DVD with 4 or so episodes on it. Its a good thing I have the box set with all the great episodes, otherwise I would hate that I ever liked this show as a kid or an adult.
Sent from my Ecto 12 smartphone via the power of the CFH.
This isn’t a bad episode. It’s not a personal favourite, but it’s one I can quite happily sit down and watch. There are plenty of other RGB episodes that are far more deserving of your hatred (anything from the Slimer cartoons for a start and, if you’re particularly picky, anything with Dave Coullier’s voice).
WOW thats one of my favourite episodes! i disagree, I think it’s written one of the best episodes, the characters are great, and as for the cartooning, well nothing is as bad as the halloween episode. I don’t understand parts of this episode, but I thought it was PHENOMENAL! great hilarious episodes… one of my favs…
The idea for the episode was great, but the mentioning of Pittsburgh by all of them every two minutes and the repeating of"this way, this way", “no that way that way” and the the stooges cameo without them being funny just angers the crap out of me.
Sent from my Ecto 12 smartphone via the power of the CFH.
i dont know if i really hate this episode but its one i never really cared for. I dont really care for camping it up. Not the most action packed episode just them helping bigfoot.
It’s pretty safe to say that with given exceptions (Flip Side, Janine, You’ve Changed) the shows peak was during the first 2 seasons. Almost all the memorable classics are contained within those 2 seasons (Citizen Ghost, Knock, Knock, Ragnarok and Roll, The Boogeyman Cometh). I don’t really care for Coulier’s Venkman but I don’t blame him. You can thank Bill Murray for that one. Coulier got the gig more than likely because he was a contract player for one of ABC’s most popular shows at the time(Full House) and could do a passable Carl Spackler impression. His emergence into RGB just happened to be around the same time as when the series was going through the Parents TV council’s mandated changes, so it’s very easy to blame Coulier and Kath Soucie as major flaws for the show. But it really stems from over sensitive parents who clearly didn’t get the underlying brilliance the show displayed numorous times and thus RGB was neutered and never recovered.
I’ve said this a few times before instead of focusing on a new film, redirect those efforts into a new animated series. see if the actors would be interested in reprising their roles if not get Maurice LaMarche and Frank Welker back. The possibilities a new series could open up could be vast: Merchandising, video games, you name it.
I guess the biggest question would be. If Coulier had voiced Venkman from the beginning would we hate him so bad?
Honestly? Probably not. He would have gotten all the much better scripts, and we would only be comparing him to Murray not Murray and Music. We would have all noticed him getting stupider in 1987, no doubt. But there were a very few times when Coulier got a good script ( mostly when JMS came back ) in which he did pretty good.
Kath Soucie, very much the same thing. If she hadn’t been hired as part of the mandate to lobotomize Janine, and had instead been playing the character closer to GB1 or Laura Summer’s portrayal, we wouldn’t have hated her as much either.
I mean, compare to the Arsenio Hall/Buster Jones changeover. There was no wrenching change in characterization, so there’s really been no disdain for that change. It was just one good Winston for another good Winston.
I can understand the not liking Camping it Up, boy was that episode poor compared to others broadcast in 1987. @GhostofPanterA I can understand your feelings on this episode. I would not say its really a favorite of mine, thought compared to the later seasons, I can watch it. Another episode I did not care for was Busters in Toyland. Even when ABC aired it I was pretty disapointed the A. Peter was made to look like a major ■■■■, B. Lawrence Tulley was a brat to everyone even at his birthday party, C. Compared to other villians the Ghostbusters faced toward the end of the shows run, the villian here seemed really poor compared to some of the others like Makeoveruslotsabuks, the ghosts in Heck House, and just about every villian from the earlier seasons.
by far one of my favourite episodes in exsistance. :sigh: I disagree… one of the BEST writing, one with fair animation (better then when halloween was forever), GREAT voice acting. Personally I like it much much more then popular favourites like Collect CAll of CAthulu etc.
I would definately have to say that the episode I hated the most was “Citizen Ghost”! I wasn’t much of a fan of Dave’s takes on Venkman, but that episode was by far the worst one made!
gbfan3569 - honest question - what is it about “Citizen Ghost” that you hate? Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion, so I’m not knocking that. I’m just curious as to what you dislike about it.