The Ultimate Unanswered “Ghostbusters” Question

So there’s something I’ve always wanted to know, somethings that’s bugged me for decades. I don’t even know if there’s a proper answer.

What is Dana eating out of the paper bag before she gets possessed by Zuul? Does anyone know? She’s walking down the hallway and eating…something. Something from this paper bag. Even on my 72 inch 4K HDR10 TV I can’t figure out what it is.

So…any theories? Anyone know for sure? I’ve always guessed it’s some sort of gummy worm. Or gummy bear? I don’t know.

I chalked it up to being popcorn or cracker jacks but now you got me thinking it’s not.

See I thought popcorn too at first but looking at the bag, there’s something dense in there. Popcorn is so light. I also thought some kind of nut of cashew might be the answer but popcorn, nuts and cashews make quite a bit of noise & microphones tend to pick them up. So my thinking was it has to be soft yet, dense and the only thing that came to mind was gummy bears or gummy worms. Some sort of penny candy. Maybe.

Trail mix? Then again, Peter did note how much junk food she had in her fridge.

Maybe it’s Pirates Booty. Like popcorn, but has that density.

Well, she did buy a bag of marshmallows

Chocolate chips. First thing that “just popped in there.” No reason, just what I’ve always thought. I’ve seen lots of movies/shows where women eat something sweet after working out.

I haven’t looked, but if it’s a brown paper bag, could it be chestnuts from a New York street vendor?

The totally truest true answer is that Dana’s eating the finger bones of children. She especially loves knuckles.

I would love to see a fan ask Signourney Weaver about it when she does a Q&A event. :smiley:

How on Earth is she going to remember something she ate out of a paper bag 37 years ago

The smiley is there to indicate I was not being serious.

I was going to say the same. Maybe she grabbed a handful before going to dance class or whatever.

Hey. You never know. Some people have extremely vivid memories. Maybe there’s a story behind it, like she suggested Dana be eating something and so they had to find something for her to snack on. Or maybe what she had was gross and remembers it to this day. Who knows? Stranger things have happened,

You know, thinking about it, it could be caramel popcorn. Or some sort of salted or roasted nut.