Toy Hunters TV Show - Travel Channel on January 15, 2012

Not sure if this has been posted, but there is a pretty cool show coming out from Hollywood Heroes owner Jordan Hembrough called Toy Hunters. The link can be found here: http://youbentmywookie.com/entertainment/new-travel-channel-show-toy-hunters-to-focus-on-toys-and-collectibles-15076

I am not sure about the 1st episode, but after exchanging some e-mail with Jordan, it looks as though there will definitely be some ultra rare RGB items in the show so if we want to see these, we should all tune in. It starts this Sunday and is the pilot episode and in order for it to go to series, it needs 300k viewers! EVERYBODY TUNE IN!

The pilot episode needs a rating of 500,000 viewers to be picked up by the station for the series to start. If this happens, I’m scheduled to appear on the first season and will showcase some of my Real Ghostbusters Kenner prototypes. This would be a great thing for the community of Real Ghostbusters collectors!

~Josh

Sooooo tuning in for this!! :-)…

Not having the Travel Chanel, how did this turn out?

I watched it, gotta say parts were interesting, but the guy the show was about needs to turn it down a notch! I had to fast foward through parts just because the guy was starting to get on my nerves. All in all I think the show has potental- I cannot believe the dude that dropped $17,000.00 on a Boba Fett Prototype action figure! that was insane.

I watched it and had a blast with it! It was kind of like “American Pickers” but with all toys… I loved seeing all of the old memorabilia (especially the few Real Ghostbusters items that popped up!) and I really hope this show can continue! Does anyone know if the show did as well as it needed to?

I too watched it and loved it. I have sent a not over to Jordan to check in on the ratings piece and will def keep you all posted!

Does anyone know if their going to replay it? It’s not on my On Demand.

Is there anywhere to catch the ep. online? Don’t have the channel and would love to check this out!!

Hmmm… doesn’t look like it is available online to view… but here is a link to a play by play write up and review of the show…

I really hope this gets picked up!

I really am hoping to find it somewhere online. Travel Channel is stupid for not having it available to stream. They should learn from A&E and History. Those channels know how to market a show. I hope Toy Hunters doesn’t fall by the wayside! I really want to watch this thing.

I spoke with Jordan the other night and he asked me to post this message to forums that I participate with:

"While I can’t give exact numbers out… we did well. Very well. Travel Channel is interested.

What we need now, and I say “we” as a collective community, is to rally behind the show. I have already seen posts to Facebook (over 200) and they have caught the attention of the Network. Twitter has also been active.

Now, collectors have actually started calling Travel Channel directly. They are asking when the next show will be on, and where they can find it online. Some are asking for the series dates. “When is the show starting?” ( You can find all of Travel’s contact information online, they are located in Chevy Chase MD)

Please… by all means, continue your support. I can’t say this clearly enough this show is about our world, and because of people like all of us… it can come to fruition. By your calls and comments, we can get this show made."

~Josh

That is awesome news!! Thanks for the update!!

Hey Everyone,

Not sure who knew, but Toy Hunters was actually re-aired this past Sunday and is now up for possible series pick-up again. You can follow the update on Jordan’s Twitter feed here: http://twitter.com/jordanhembrough but the real key is going to Travel Channel’s Facebook page and posting comments about the show. Jordan has mentioned that this is key over the next few days to getting the show picked up. So go and show your Love for Toys and this program!

Well, it’s official, Toy Hunters has officially been picked up!

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/02/15/travel-channel-announces-new-series-adam-richmans-best-sandwich-in-america-toy-hunters-and-more/120075/

I was just on the travel channel website and it says the show will premiere Wednesday August 15th at 9pm. I am definitely going to be tuning in.

Ill tune it why not.