Vacuformed parts questions

Hi everyone.

I have many collectable things but now I’m starting a proton pack. I buy vacuformed parts (all the cyclotron, gearbox…) My motherboard is made with plywwod (1/2") and I want to know how do you fix the vacuformed parts to the mother board? And what you use to fix the PVC pipe to the vacuformed parts?

Thanks a lot. :slight_smile:

P.S. I will post some picture soon.

Alex from Montral Qc :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.gbprops.com/image.php?pid=2289

Thank’s Dan :slight_smile: And for the PVC pipe ? Epoxy ?

What i did was bondo the ends of the pvc pipe and then sand it. When it’s done you can attach it with a couple screws and some glue if you like. If you don’t bondo the ends then theres not alot of contact area for the glue to hold onto and the pvc might break off it it gets bumped into.

good luck!

-mark

Oh, and JB weld works wonders holding stuff together. You can obtain at any car parts store.

For plastic to plastic, I prefer super glue. I drilled holes through mine and glued the tubes in. Works great. :wink:

Thank’s guys. I’m wait my vacuformed parts and start to build :slight_smile:

Nice to talk with you and see the beautifull job you do on your pack :wink:

if you can find pvc sheet you could use the pvc cement it bonds almost instantly and you just have to sand it when done check under plastic in the yellow pages

Sorry I miss read your post I used hanger bolts and nuts. Hanger bolts have a screw thread on one end and a bolt thread on the other end.

Plastic Welder ~ Walmart carries it…

Thank’s guys. I will take some super glue or epoxy or anything like that I think… I will test it before and take my decision later :wink:

But you give me many good ideas…

You have some pics of your work ?