VFX Test and Breakdown

This was a test using as many ‘old school’ techniques as possible. At least their digital equivalents.

Ghost sculpted in ZBrush

3D printed ghost model

Made a mold of the ghost

Cast in clear resin and paint so light shines through

Place light under model and film against black

Paint proton stream frame by frame on Cintiq in Photoshop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LkVkTmEA0o

Wow, I’m impressed! The ghost looks great, you did an amazing job on the proton stream, and your matting was very impressive. Keep up the great work blending old school and digital :slight_smile:

Edit: Nice suit and pack!

Thanks!

As a guy who has done his own proton streams using the frame by frame photoshop technique, I gotta say you did a great job. Two thumbs up! It’s not an easy technique.

Good work on the ghost, too. My only comment on the ghost wold be to use something less static next time. You want something you can get a performance from like a puppet or a figure. A puppet may be easier up front as you don’t have to fiddle around with stop motion timing and can shoot a performance in real time. Getting arm, head and mouth movement helps to really make it look real.

But please take what I’ve said with a grain of salt, you’re certainly on the right track and looking good.

Thanks! If I do something like this again I’ll take that into account.

I’d love to see your stream effects if they’re online.

My video is posted in this subsection (It’s on page 2 currently), look for ‘Ghostbusters - Second Attempt’. That’s me.

Everything you are doing is RIGHT! I just want you to know this! lol.

Keep up the good work! :slight_smile: