i decided on these for the boots. $75 NZD.
im probably going to settle for corocroans (not sure how they are spelt) with the exchange rate they arent too dear shipped. I still have to try a couple local surplus shops before I make the final decision. Im not too fussed with screen accuracy when it comes to the boots.
I got a set of these for 40 bucks. They do the job, with some added support. I walked in them all day with no pain of awfulness.
Where abouts did you pick them up from?
Local camping store, they had to order them in. They are just a Vietnam Boot. They are cloth at the top/sides so they are breathy.
Thanks for that mate!
Where did every one here get the radios from? Ive been on ebay that seems the best option, they seem about 100 AUD landed is that about right?
You just have to keep stalking ebay.
Search Handy Talkie, thats how I found mine.
update on the pack. more sanding. filling. priming. x50.
I decided the cyclotron light rings will be resin cast separately rather than be cast as part of the pack
Did you cast that shell your self?
pictured above is the original, but yes I’ll be casting that in fibreglass once completed. watch this space! it will be in 2 pieces as shown, with some resin cast components.
its not a kitset unless you have to put it togehter, right?
Nice.
Nice job, Cen!
Keep us updated ![]()
You Rock Cen!
Looks great Cen. Got my flight suit today fits great. Also got ecto goggles. Little banged up.
Cant wait to see finished item
ordered belts, patches, picked up some volley ball knee pads from rebel sport, Got the pke meter on its way from mattys. will start work repairing the ecto goggles. might look into finding some boots soon. Cant wait to see you handy work Cen
Hay guys.
got 4x white belts. all the patches and got some mt500 motorola uhfs on the way. may have a few spare.
Just recieved 5x mt500 motorola hand held uhfs with short antenas.
nice one. sounds like its all coming together. PKE meter arrived the other day, pretty cool.
moulding of the pack still in progress ![]()