Vic Ghostbusters Group Project

as mentioned in the intro thread, a group of us here in Vic are all working on Ghostbuster costumes. where possible we’ll be building and casting our own parts, and if ordering parts from overseas, doing group orders to minimise shipping costs.

This thread will be used for us to keep each other up to date with progress, bounce and share ideas and organise meets to get the project done.

Check in Troops!

Mat And I were checking out flight suits last week, the best option is for everyone to source their own as we are all different sizes.

we are going for the Nomex CWU 27/P Flight Suit in Desert Tan. search for “Flight Suit Tan” in ebay and there are quite a few. below are the threads relating to flight suits and sizing. most people reccomend going one or 2 sizes up from your actual chest measurement. I have a 42 R (thanks to rickH) here if anyone wants to try it on first to gauge the sizing from that.

Checking in :slight_smile:

Not sure what happend to my other post, but hey.

Flightsuit; I did see a page with the sizes and measuremnts?

Radios: Got em, will do a couple of pouches for them, might be able to get them to work as the battery with them was just dead and they need ‘stubbie’ antena’s to be screen accurate.

Checking in.

keeping progress on the pack recorded in this thread:

hi all aidan here checking in too! Cant get my hands on a proton pack at the momment i got quoted 350 US for shipping from some one on the boards …progress on hold for the momment

its all happening.

Its up to everyone to source their own flight suits and boots.

we still need someone to look into sourcing the following items:

Patches

Gloves

How many of us are in Melbourne?

We should organize a meet up.

Bout time you got here. :wink:

he just needs a good prodding every now and then :smiley:

Whats every one using for boots?

not sure about boots yet - they seem to be an expensive part of the costume.

my flight suit arrived the other day - 34S. perfect fit!

I got some cheap boots from a camping store, they where a Vietnam boot. 40 odd bucks. Picked up a a insert for the soul, and they were comfy as hell.

what do you think of these? only $75 NZ

I’ll be over there in a weeks time.

EDIT: just realised they only have limited sizes. bummer.

Hey cen where did you pick up your flight suit from? was it an ebay seller?

Ash, Melbourne, Checking In! So whats going on? I’m excited to be a part of this! So who’s casting shells, because I would love to buy one.

Centuri… Pack looks awesome!

We’re just in uniform stage at the moment tho huh?

Patches? Are we gonna tweak the no-ghost to our own?

If we do then I think we should leave the ghost and red ‘no’ circle and just do stuff around it like a police shield or something, what do you guys think?

http://www.embroiderymelbourne.com.au/

http://www.corporate-clothing.com.au

Hey mate thats a great question i was going to post up. What do we want to do about patches?

Before we sort out how/where to get patches we need to sort out

A) custom or standard no ghost?

B) for name patch are we going with GB characters or do we want customised to our own names?

For the customised name patches Ive found an ebay sellers through some posts here and another memeber off memory, unless we organise a way to custom make ourselves. Patches dont seem too expense at this stage, we can also by the no ghost and name patches off here also. What does every one prefer? I think if we go for just standard no ghost patches and names we can organise individually as it isnt the most difficult part.

Whats every one think?

Great Idea,

Leg hose connectors, any ideas???

Hey ash there is a seller here that is making the leg hose connector casts and selling with hose. Also I think MMM makes them also..I think. Im currently looking into this. Updates to follow. WIll have almost everything sorted for my suit by the end of this week and then ordered the week after and will provide update. Its not as hard as I thought it would be initially. Ive found a belt gizmo and now and also might be looking at a ghost trap (pending budget).

OK all ive got the uniform pretty much sorted with the exception of boots and elbow pads. Ive exhausted the budget so they will wait. I am not going for the ghost trap kit at this stage as ive gone to recreate venkman, however it is something I might look into later on.

If any one wants to look at the patches ive ordered let me know they should arrive soon, I have purchased off an ebay seller from the GBfans board. Feedback seems good. PM for link. Others may also be able to do group buys on this as she does set of 4 and 1. Ive ordered one just to suss out what its like and if every one likes mine they can order individually or do a group buy. I got my name patch off the GB boards and belt.

I also found a seller that does belt gizmo kit. Ordered.

Gloves, suit, leg hose taken care of. from MMM and a seller on the boards.

The walkie talkie I may or may not go screen accurate depending on price and I also want the army spec torch but these I will leave for a bit later as funds are depleted!

PM me if you want some info, just waiting on stuff to arrive at this stage.

cheers

Aidan