vigo the carpathian 1/6 scale 12" figure added "thief" build

Ive always wanted to do this figure. When i saw the “V” figure at sam goody on clearance for only 5 dollars, I knew i had the base to build my Vigo onto…

Here is the “V” figure with his cape, head, gloves removed…I also have a head from a 12" reservoir dogs figure that i ripped apart to make my men in black figures.

I first start by using aves apoxie sculpt to fill in the design that is all over his tunic…I also trimmed the bottom of his “skirt” to a closer approximation of Vigo’s costume.

The belt level is way too low for the vigo figure…That is eventually going to be trimmed. No real details yet on the costume…

Next i started the base sculpting on the “reservoir head” I cut the top of his head and sculpted vigo’s bald area…I filled in areas to raise his brow and cheek bones…This is only a preliminary sculpt and i will know how much more to go after i prime the head. Also more of his hair needs to be done…

I’ll try to post pictures as i go through this process.

Big hurdles that still need to be done.

1)Cutting his arms and wiring them so they bend and he can assume his classic pose.

2)All the costume details

3)Build the rock pile that is behind him in the painting.

  1. Maybe the little stand with Oscar on top of it…

awesome man, based on your other stuff, can’t wait to see how things turn out… :angryvigo:

WOW, That was a fantastic idea. Takes a lot of vision and creativity to see an existing figure, and knowing this will work for your VIGO make over! I mean it’s not easy, it’s pure art.

Thanks for sharing, I’ll be following this topic closely!

I LOVE IT!!! :angryvigo:

This is gonna be SO FREAKIN’ COOL!!!

I’ll be watching this thread as eagerly as any season of ‘Lost’ -LOL!

Nice to catch this stuff in progress!

$54.. damn.. wish I had a sam goody’s around here!

that is veeeeery cool, cant wait to see the next pictures!

Hahaha, would be awesome if you could take the sound clip out and replace it with some Vigo sounds from the film. They do make those little recordable devices for build-a-bears…just saying.

**Sorry to parrot everyone else, but that is so cool! Can’t wait to see how it turns out when you’re done! :cool: **

AWSOME!!!

super thanks for all the nice words…keeps me motivated to truck on!

I did some dremel sawing and cut the arms at the elbow…attached some thick gauge wire to put the bend in them…

Putting down the base for the arms…puttying up the elbows and filling in the arms.

Then finally making some of the puffy shoulder stuff…and arm gauntlets.

still need alot more work to go…but seems like thats it for this weekend.

“bit of a sissy isn’t he?”

wow thats come a long way fast. Keep it up!!!

Lookin’ great! Are you going to sculpt his kitten, too?

Shane

I do have a 1/6th scale cat that i can put in the scene…That would be funny.

Just wanted to mention his right arm looks short, just like in the painting…but it isnt really…its just bent behind because he has his arm resting on that rock wall that is behind him…I’ll try to work more on his tunic tonite.

hawaiiangb,hawaiiangb,hawaiiangb you have been a bad monkey!!!

:cool:

creepy good

looking awesome can’t wait for updates

Awesome start on Vigo the Butch, hawaiiangb. I can’t to see how this develops.

Added some leather straps made out of styrene.

Scratch built his belt buckle and shoulder skull greeblies and also some of the larger pyramid spikes that go on his belt.

and also all the little tiny pyramid spikes that go along his upper chest and belt areas…boy this is boring to do…

Oh my my, it’s taking the shape now!!! Simply amazing!!!

Me like it!

Sal

Ok, started putting the greeblies on his body…

a closer look at the belt…I made the pyramids a little bigger than the painting…Just thought it looked more menacing…Didnt want to keep him a butch.

next step is to “bedazzle” him and put the silver studs all over his costume