Voices in your Head?

So when you’re reading the comics, whose voices do you hear? Movie or cartoon version? Or someone else entirely?

Always movie; While I respect the rgb actors, no one sounded like Egon other than Ramis himself.

I’d have to agree with that. I generally prefer the actor’s voices as well, though sometimes after watching a lot of RGB, it’s hard to get those cartoons outta my head.

Probably surprising no one, I’m the opposite–LaMarche, Summer, Welker, Music, and Hall all the way, with Tara Strong thrown in (obviously) as Kylie. It gets a little schizo since LaMarche is Roger also. And thanks to all the jokes about him looking like Inspector Gadget that got posted when I put a picture of him up at Deviantart, Ron Alexander now sounds like Don Adams in my head. :lol: Still not sure who should be Mel Ortiz; maybe Wendee Lee’s Yuroichi voice from Bleach.

I always hear Ron Alexander as Mark Hamil, who’s great at those sort of scheming weaselly voices (and every other voice for that matter).

I definitely hear the voices from the movie. Kylie is totally Tara Strong, Rodger is LaMarche, Ron I hear as Chevy Chase. Ortiz… I hear… ■■■■, what’s her name… Maria Canals-Barrera (had to IMDB her) The Rookie I hear as David Kaufman.

WOW!! Danny Kaufman is the voice I hear from the Rookie Too. I guess he looks like that voice would come from him. LOL. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

RGB all the way. Im sorry but when I think Egon I think Maurice Lamarche. Now strangely enough I hear Dave Coulier’s Venkman thats probably more to do with the fact that he looks like Bill Murray in the comics.

See now Im the exact opposite for me Rodger is Ramis. Also I tend to give Ortiz a rather deep voice think more Elizabeth Pena.

Oh Hawkgirl thats a good choice

Oh and Idulnas is Tony Todd.

Idulnas… not a bad choice there. I read him with Steve Blum in mind.

Awesome!!! I heard Clancy Brown’s Lex Luthor when I read Idulnas

Thats a good choice too.

I mostly read them in RGB voices, especially Venkman and Spengler. Even though they somewhat resemble their movie counterparts, I guess the cartoonish aspect is more pervasive.

Egon - Harold Ramis

Ray - Dan Aykroyd

Peter - Bill Murray

Winston - Ernie Hudson, every once in a while Arsenio Hall

Janine - Annie Potts

Rookie - Matthew Gray Gubler

Idulnas - Kevin Grievoux

Hungry Manitou - Clancy Brown

Tiamat - Gina Torres

Ron Alexander - Chevy Chase

Kylie Griffin - Tara Strong

Melanie Ortiz - Eva Mendez

Roger Baugh - Maurice LaMarche

Mayor - Corey Burton

Walter Peck - William Atherton

Tiyah Clarke - Masasa Moyo

See its funny I thought Ron was based on the 3rd guy from that Freddy vs Ghostbusters fan film so i always gave him that guy’s voice. Now even after finding out he’s based on Chevy Chase I always play him younger.

I was reading some panels from the comics and, it’s hard to say, I mean they’re clearly based on the IRL actors, but, I kinda hear the RGB/EGB voices in my mind.

No matter how hard I try I ALWAYS end up hearing Coulier for Venkman and LaMarche for Egon. I hear Aykroyd for Ray and Hudson for Winston no problem though.

I like that choice. It will be hard to hear anyone else now. :slight_smile:

For all movie and cartoon-based characters, their respective actors.

Ron - Chevy Chase

Rookie - Frank Welker

I’ve a voice in mind for the Agent, but I can’t think of the actress’ name or where I’ve heard her before. It’ll come to me eventually.