I have gone to every hardware store in a 30 miles radius with no luck on finding welding goggles suitable for making a set of Ecto Goggles. I can only find face shields and clear safety goggles.
Can anyone recommend an online place as to where to get the most suitable welding goggles for this purpose. Would like recommendation on what brand to get as it is hard to tell by the small blurry pictures on ebay and amazon.com which are best suitable…and there is usually only one angle shown.
Direct links would be most appreciated. I am up to armpits in making 2 proton packs for halloween for my boys.
Thanks!
Steve
Links in this post may be affiliate links. Purchases made through them help support this site at no additional cost to you.
I’m not sure if Tractor Supply Co. is a regional thing, but here in NC/VA we have a few of them. That’s where I found my goggles. When I went they had both the flip-up and non-flip versions.
I tried to find them on their website (http://www.tractorsupply.com/) but I could only find welding helmets and clear safety goggles. I found several to choose from on Amazon though: Amazon.com : welding goggles
Hope that helps.
Links in this post may be affiliate links. Purchases made through them help support this site at no additional cost to you.
A Tractor Supply Co just opened up a few month ago near me. I rushed there during my lunch hour, but alas..no goggles..just welding face sheilds…which I was told is much safer than googles…LOL! Ecto Face Sheild…I don’t think so.
There are some nice ones on Amazon..but it states shipping in 1 - 2 MONTHS!! Don’t think those will work.
Any other recommendations?
Thanks,
Steve
I went on ebay and they had a few different kinds. They cheap enough so I bought 2 different ones. I have spent more money driving around looking for some locally than I paid for them on ebay. Which ones of these do you think would work out the the best?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140349290983
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350198387995
I bought the same type as the second listing, preffered having the vent caps around the goggle body to attach side knobs etc. See my thread for pics of the finished result: Speedy's Ecto Goggles Mk1 with part numbers & pics! - Ecto Goggles - GBFans.com
The original Ghostbusters Costumes had face shields. I am gonna try to create one of those costumes for DragonCon next year.
I got 11 goggles for $10 off ebay once, Mind you they are all used from a schools shopclass that someone was getting rid of.. maybe ask around at the Highschools or auto shops that may be getting rid of a pair for whatever reason (Maybe it is salvagable)
On that note I need to get off my Duff and make other pairs of goggles..