Recently I found an old script site that some how missed my attention in earlier web browsing. Loaded with tons of Hollywood goodness, I bookmarked the site and proceeded to download what interested me. I enjoy reading scripts that aren’t the final draft. The site had Ghostbusters, but it was labeled that it was the shooting script, so so much for reading “what if” to what we’ve seen.
Is the first draft any where to be found online for free reading?
No, the first draft (Ghost Smashers) is not available to be read. Sequentially, the first and second Aykroyd-Ramis collaborative draft are not, as well.
The earliest available one is the third Aykroyd-Ramis collaborative draft.
Don’t we all! Aykroyd’s original GB script is sort of my “white whale”. It would be really cool if IDW would adapt Aykroyd’s original script into a graphic novel, similar to the recent THE STAR WARS rough draft series, based on one of the early George Lucas SW scripts. Tristan Jones hinted around about possibly adapting the HELLBENT script for RGB or EGB, so I guess it’s possible.
Aykroyd’s 324 page first draft of THE RETURN OF THE BLUES BROTHERS from 1979 is out there, though.
While I can’t help you with Ghost Smashers, I surely can help you with the first draft of the Dan and Harold collaborated Ghostbusters. I have a scan of it, if you are still interested and haven’t found it already.