Ghostbusters First draft (not Ghost Smashers, but the first Dan and Harold draft)

I have replied to an old thread about this draft, but I’m not sure how this forum works, yet, and am not sure if the thread is too old for anyone to notice the reply, so I’m making this thread. I know some are having trouble finding anything other than the shooting draft and third draft, but I have the first draft and can point those in the right direction for where to look from now on. There are also drafts of Ghostbusters 2 and a treatment of Max Landis’ Ghostbusters 3. If you are ever in need of any script, just go to scriptdrive.org and make an account. They have everything. No, not Ghost Smashers, but we’re looking. Some scripts are just never meant to be found, unfortunately. If you download scripts from scriptdrive, just please follow their rules and do not post scripts from the site on any other sites, to help keep their script community going.

In the meantime, I’ll get you started. Here’s the first draft: https://scriptdrive.org/index.php?threads/ghostbusters-august-1983.46/

You can find other drafts and scripts from Dan at this link (Blues Bros, Coneheads, etc.): https://scriptdrive.org/index.php?threads/scripts-by-danny-aykroyd.4812/

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I’ll check that out when I’m home.

No problem!

I got a notice the link had changed and when I followed the new link I eventually got directed to a wiki page and storyboard art in separate links. :frowning:

Still worked for me. Just downloaded it.

Which GB1 draft is it, 6/6/83 or 7/6/83? Spook Central has the rest: 8/5/83, 9/30/83, 10/7/83, and transcripts of the movie.

It’s the August drafts for GB and GB2, no drafts of HELLBENT.

https://www.sadtrombone.com/

Thanks, d_osborn.

Here’s the link again. See if this one works. It’s a scan of the August 83 draft. https://scriptdrive.org/index.php?threads/ghostbusters-august-1983.46/

No, unfortunately, Hellbent seems to be a unicorn and the last one of those we found was the spec draft of Lethal Weapon. There’s a draft of Max Landis’ Ghostbusters 3. There’s a review of Hellbent here: IGN FilmForce Exclusive: The Stax Report: Script Review of Ghostbusters 3: Hellbent! - IGN

And someone once posted some pages of Hellbent, here: Ghostbusters 3 Hellbent Script Pages – Ecto-Containment

Here’s the draft of Ghostbusters 3 (Max Landis): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzsI7dJGSpBUY2thVHppaWZ4Rm8/view?usp=sharing

Correction: Sorry, it’s a 12 page treatment. I thought it was a full draft.

That was more of a “what if” spec pitch than a sanctioned draft, much like his 300-page Super Mario World script.

Credit where credit is due-- those pages were originally scanned by Chris at Proton Charging and the Interdimensional Crossrip Podcast.

Chris posted a full HELLBENT review ages ago that you can probably dig up. The thing to remember with HELLBENT is that it follows the same formula as the previous two GB films-- Aykroyd writes an initial script full of wild ideas, then it would get toned down by Ramis.

Pretty much all of the other scripts, aside from 8/83, were scanned and posted by the gang at Spook Central.