Now the war is on. We will soon see the new Nintendo Wii and Sony Playstation 3. We already have Microsoft XBox 360 from last year.
Which video game system are you most likely to get or already have? If you are planning to get more than one than choose the one you think you will end up using more often.
If you are not planning to get a game sytem by the end of January 2007 than don’t vote.
I’m pretty sure I’ll end up with the Nintendo. Here’s why…
I’m not a big fan of the Xbox 360 (or the original Xbox for that matter). I can’t say there is anything wrong with it, but for what ever reason, I’ve just never liked it… I don’t see myself ever owning one, unless of course it’s given to me.
Playstation 3… I’ve owned the original Playstation, and still own the PS2 and a PSP. I have always been very happy with Playstation products and had every intention of buying a PS3 when it came out, but… A $500+ price tag is where I draw the line. I don’t give a s**t if it does play blue ray dvds, that’s too much money for a video game consol.
After the Atari 2600 was fazed out, I grew up with Nintendo. From the time I was 6 years old I had everything Nintendo, The NES, The Super NES, N64, all the Gameboys and even a Game Cube. Granted the Game cube got much less play time than my PS2, for the simple fact most of the GC game sucked. But Nintendo has always been solid to me and very reliable.
So in this round, I’ll be buying the Nintendo Wii. Hopefully my faith in Nintendo is not misplaced this time, as it was with the Game Cube.
I, like ecto_skywalker, will be getting the Wii. The one major reason is “The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess”. I thought “Ocarina of Time” was the coolest Zelda game ever (and was the reason I bought the N64), and can’t wait for this one (even though “Windwaker” was a bit of a disappointment)
I already own a 360, however, I will definetly be picking up a Wii on launch day.
$600 for a PS3 < $650 for a Wii & 360
The lack luster launch line up for the PS3, high price tag, and the fact that I dont really care about ‘blue ray’ DVD playback are also contributing factors.
Plus the controller for the new nintendo machine is very interesting.