I was just wondering if anyone here actually got one, and is it worth it?
I’ve always been a playstation man myself. Never that much into Xbox. How does the wii stack up?
I was just wondering if anyone here actually got one, and is it worth it?
I’ve always been a playstation man myself. Never that much into Xbox. How does the wii stack up?
I almost did. The kid right in front of me got the last one. I was so angry :x That’s okay though. They said (wal-mart) they get a new shipment every friday.
I would say the way it stacks up against the PS3 would be which you think is more important, Graphics or Gameplay. Wii wins gameplay wise.
lets not forget all of the glitches the new playstation has!
if your for graphics , go playstation , if you want game play go for nintendo
hehe - I know. As far as graphics the PS3 is the kang! Honestly, I want to get a PS, but I have to wait obviously. I plan on getting a HD tv at some point, then later… the PS3… probably next winter but hey… I can wait.
Until then it’s either a wii or an xbox, I’m not sure which.
I got one…
The graphics are good, better than a Game Cube. Probably as good as, maybe better than PS2, it’s hard to tell since the launch titles are the only games out.
One of the games I bought was Excite Truck. The function of steering the truck with the motion of the controller it unbelievable cool. And the responsiveness is instantaneous… I’ve not had time to play Wii Sports (the game that came with the consol) yet. But can’t wait to get home from work this after noon and try it.
So far I’m lovin’ it!
Sony who!?! PSwhat?
:lol:
I got one. It’s fun so far. I got Zelda and RedSteel. The sports game that comes with it is fun as well.
Right on! Those are two of the games I was looking forward to. I was watching a bunch of japanese commercials for the wii last night and was wondering, will the wii here in the states play the japanese wii games? Can we finally get some cool imports? ![]()
Only thing that bums me is that it won’t play the gamecube games. That would’ve been a cool compatibility option.
Woe there, wait a minute. I haven’t tried it yet, but they said it would play the GameCube games. It even has four ports in it for the GameCube controllers.
It is most definitely GC game compatible. 100% I believe…
(unlike PS3… which has a few minor backward compatability problems… :roll: )
Oh Yeah, it’s GC compatible. I has 4 GC controller ports and 2 GC memory card ports!
Both located on the top of the Wii.
I got one last night, its fun so far…but I need a game for it I want Red Steel, Zelda and DBZ once I get those I can really judge it, can’t base my opinion on the sports games it came with
I got one last night, its fun so far…but I need a game for it I want Red Steel, Zelda and DBZ once I get those I can really judge it, can’t base my opinion on the sports games it came with
Zelda is fun. I’m a little disappointed in Red Steel. Can the Wii not handle full cut scenes? For Next Gen this game looks old during FMV (If you can call comic book style stills with text, and FMV) The graphic during game are “okay” and it IS interesting how you use the Wii remote and nunchuk during game, but overall I would call it a rental at best. But then again, to each his own. Someone else may just LOVE this game. My the cut scenes are just a Janpanese thing, I don’t know.
I have to admit.
I hate video games. I hate wasteing time or money playing them etc.
I played Call of Duty 2 on Xbox 360, and was blown away. I beat the game twice with friends in a few days.. (the game is amazing, WWII!).
I saw the commercial for Call of Duty 3 on the Wii, and it was seriosuly cool. You use the controllers as if you were holding a rifle, or a boat paddle, or a steering wheel.. and you really get into the game.. which is absolutely cool.
Still not buying one.. but if I see somone with that and that game.. I’m playing it.
…I’m a little disappointed in Red Steel…
You’re not the first person that I’ve heard say that game was a disappointment… One more game to check off my list. ![]()
Okay, I MUST print a retraction. I said earlier that I was sad the wii wouldn’t play gamecube games. But it does! Sorry about that. Shows you how much I’ve been paying attention to the next gen systems.
Now I GOTTA get one! That’s just the best gaming for your dollar right now. You can play all the cool wii titles and not be bored while waiting for more games! Wii, yeah! ![]()
To be honest I don’t spend as much time gaming as I used to. There just aren’t enough hours in a day. So for me I have no intention of buying one of these systems. They’re over priced in my opinion and the madness that has ensued from the recent releases just confirms my thought that too many people have too much money and too much free time.
Maybe I’d get one in a few years time, but certainly not now.
I will add that many could say the same about prop building, I’ve poured mucho dollah into those so it’s all perspective I guess. I’d certainly sit a play a few rounds if I knew someone that had the console, I’m just not in any hurry to bring one home.
Yesterday when the family and friends were over for Thanksgiving, I finally cracked open Wii Sports. The bowling game on there is a blast. It’s amazing how the ball reacts to the motion of the controller, pretty damn realistic… Even the old people at the house were playing. :lol:
Dollar for dollar, pound for pound, the Wii has it over PS3. The interaction, ease of usability, the response just kicks ectoplasm. If you want a gaming system that is user friendly and most of all VERY FAMILY INVITING, then this is the one. The library alone that you can download and save is just mind boggling alone. Affordable to say the least, even on games and accessories. Happy Holidays from Parma!
Yesterday when the family and friends were over for Thanksgiving, I finally cracked open Wii Sports.
Glad to see I wasn’t the ONLY one who did that. It’s funny to watch my father-in-law try to play baseball. I think it’s the most exercise he’s gotten in months. I didn’t want him to do the boxing…I didn’t want him to have a heart attack! lol :lol: :lol:
Er, this is just my opinion, but I think the xbox 360 is all around better than the wii. Except for the motion sensing. I read from a translated officially licensed nintendo wii manual from japan that said their secret to motion sensing is a 4 leaf clover hidden somewhere in the wii. That sounds a little wacky to me anyway… :?