I’m sure you’re right. If you are looking for excellent graphics and to play dvds then sure, the Xbox is better. But your second sentence is what makes the Wii a blast to play… I will sacrifice the perfect graphics and ability to play dvds, for the motion sensing controllers. Graphics will always get better, but the Wii is the first to take gaming in a new direction… Not to mention the Wii costs a lot less than a Xbox 360 or Playstation 3.
I got one last December and I have to say it is THE best video gaming system i’ve ever owned…
The only thing that really sucks right now is the titles out, which is small, but I bet they’re going to come out with some really good games in the future, especially with a controlling system like the Wii has.
I personally have Zelda, Monkeyball, the sports game, and almost beat Call of Duty 3 but school started back up. From playing these games, I have to say the new controlling system is just…revolutionary and uber fun beyond repair!! Call of Duty 3 took some getting used to, but once you get used to it, you just don’t want to stop playing, I mean, nothing is funner than point-at-screen shooting. They should make more shooting games with an actual gun-prop you put over the controller somehow, that’d be cool.
Anyways, my 2 cents for the whole thing.
And yes, the Wii plays Wii games, Gamecube games, AND you can download just about any title from the original NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, AND SOME “selected” titles from Sega Genesis.
Yeah, but have any of you played Gears of War for xbox 360? That game is the shizzneh, or some other slang word referring to “cool” I mean that because one can use chainsaws and explosive spear guns. And you can make peoples’ heads explode. Some other violent features are in that game as well.
I started out with a PS1, then a couple years later I got a PS2. I’ve never owned any other game stations, and I must say I’m sticking to that, Playstation Rocks!!!
I love my Wii.But owning a wii is very diffrent from owning a 360 or a ps3 the real question is should I own a Wii and a 360 or a Wii and a PS3. I Wii is like a Mac. Its great but its only going to do certain things compaied to a stronger system lke a windows(PS3/360). Every nentendo system delevers the same thing, and I love zelda, metroid, supper smash bros, and all the crazy party games but if you want a crazy gory game you are probally going to have to go out and pick up one of the other two.
I’m not too big on consoles overall since i prefer (and develop for)the PC, but as a Game Designer/writer the Wii is one of the most interesting things to happen in a long time. I haven’t owned a console for a couple of years… and I’ve never liked Nintendo’s for various reasons… but I went out and bought a Wii.
Many people complain about the lack of innovation in modern games (to which I only partially agree) and the Wii brings with it new things to do and new ways to play.
Now let’s just hope those Zootfly people make sure their GB game (if it gets off the ground) lands on Wii so we can control the proton wand and ghost traps with the Wiimote.
I got a Wii, and I’m lovin’ it. First off, I never had a Gamecube, so I pretty much got two new consoles in one out of the deal. I’m exploring several GC titles I have previously not had experience with, and that’s totally kick ass in my opinion.
I’m not too impressed with Graphics. It doesn’t make a difference if a game sucks. And the Wii games I’ve played so far have not sucked. Except for Ultimate Alliance. I simply wasn’t into that. But as for the controls, it’s definately something new and exciting. Very simple and intuitive also. It sounds like a comercial, but it’s true. My 64 year old dad, who has never picked up a game controller in his life LOVES Wii Sports and has whooped my butt on several occasions.
I also love the Wii Shopping Channel. I love old console games, but I don’t like playing them on emulators on my computer. I like the opprotunity to play them on a real console on a real TV again without having to hook up 7 consoles to my TV.
It also looks great. I’m not talking about the graphics, but the physical thing itself. The Wii is very sleek, very nice and goes with pretty much any decor. And the lack of wires on the controllers is a nice touch because you don’t get all the clutter or tangle you’re use to dealing with.
So my personal experience with the Wii has been positive and I only forsee it getting better and better.
A buddy of mine got a Wii and he leaves it at my house since he lives next door. He works @ movie gallery so we’re set for games. We played the mess out of ExciteTruck. That game is pick up and play action, man! I actually bought Sonic and the Secret Rings since I’m a Sonic nut too and it freakin rules. We’re playing Rayman and the Raving Rabbids now. It’s just a bunch of mini games but they’re a lot of fun. I’m waiting to play SSX Blur. It looks like a lot of fun too.
The only thing with the Wii is, the more complicated the game is the longer it will take you to get used to the controls. After you get past the learning curve, it’s a blast!
How do you unlock the “versus” mode? I’ve played that game quite a bit and won a lot of stuff, but still no versus mode. I hate it when games make you unlock stuff like multi player. The first night I got the Wii my friends and I wanted to race each other, but instead had to take turns… Lame! :?
I bought TMNT the other day. I’ve been playing that a lot. It’s a fun game, but not very challenging. I would recommend it to the die hard Ninja Turtle fan. It is fun.