Xmas marks the Spot question

Pardon me if this was asked before but I have read in a few places online that Xmas marks the Spot was aired on CBS around Christmas 1993 where it was titled The Real Ghostbusters Christmas special. Is this true, or just another rumor started by someone?

Digging up an old thread (one in which I do not have an answer to the original post) but didn’t want to start a new one just to share another Xmas Marks the Spot question.

I recently watched this episode with my 3 year old. He’s really starting to enjoy the cartoon, so I’m doing what I can to foster that. Since we were iced in thanks to the weather, I thought it would be a good time to watch this episode. So we get to the end, where the guys are transported back to the firehouse, and my son looks at me and says,“Wait Daddy. What about their car? Where is it?” I told him it was transported back with them, but thought that was a pretty good catch for a 3 year old.

Ha that’s pretty good, smart kid!

That’s a great insight from a 3 year old. I watched and reviewed the episode today for Ectocontainment. I still missed what could have happened to Ecto-1 at the end. I did wonder how Egon was going to get back to upstate NY so he could go through the time slip. He was still wearing his Containment Unit suit which seemed to have some kind of thrusters like Iron Man.

I also almost missed about that mint 1837 Schilling. I had wondered if Peter either still had it (mint as the day Scrooge gave it to Ray) or ala BTTF once the Christmas time line has been restored, did they never get the coin?

If anyone wants to read yet another episode review from a site that seems to do one per year :oops: check out my review.

Did a little detective work on this weekend. As it turns this episode was in fact aired after The Real Ghostbusters had been canceled, thought it was on ABC in December 1994 and not CBS during Christmas 1993 like I originally thought. ABC even gave it a special opening sequence for this occasion as seen here:

I didn’t know that, at least as far as I remembered. Thanks for sharing. :cool:

Your welcome Spengs, also I as I recall during the time that Fox Family screened reruns of The Real Ghostbusters, this episode also aired as part of Fox Family’s “Christmas in July” block where for part of July 1999 they screened Christmas themed episodes of the various cartoons they had in their library.

Yeah, I vaguely remember that. I once reviewed X-Mas Marks The Spot during (and shared the episode) July because that’s when the timing of the review happened to be. That might have been around 2008.

Last year on Christmas I watched and wrote a more detailed review for Ecto-Containment.

If that’s the case I’m kind of surprised it’s in Volume 1 of the dvd set

Do you mean this version of that episode? Because most other sources state that the episode originally aired in December of 1986.

Yes, I mean this version of X-mas Marks the Spot. Sorry if I confused any one.

Winston1986, I don’t think he meant the episode itself premiered in 1994. It just aired as a special after the show had been canceled. X-Mas Marks the Spot was a part of the original Season 1 episodic line-up, premiering on December 13, 1986.

@Sonof SamHaine Yes, that is exactly what I meant, after the original run of The Real Ghostbusters on ABC, I was surprised to find that three year after RGB’s cancelation, that ABC aired the episode around Christmas time.

Btw, here’s the promo for that special airing, entitled T’was the Week Before Christmas

Also I just found out from IMDB that voice actor Peter Reneday (voice of Master Splinter on the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1987-1996) was a guest star in this episode. He was the voice of Scrooge.