2009 Video game ribbon cables interest thread

Over on Etsy I’ve been trying to get a GB1 cable run going for some time, but my supplier is out of the wire colors I use.

However, I may be able to get the colors for a TVG cable run, I’ve done a few runs in the past and they have sold decently, but I’m curious to see what the current interest level for them is.

Here is a preview of the cable, I’m thinking I will add a weathering option in case someone would want the colors to be a bit less vibrant.

Compare with the in-game render.

If there is enough interest, I’d be likely to do a full send on a run.

(If there are any Facebook users here, I’d appreciate if you helped get the word out.)

1 Like

I’d be interested in one of those!

I’d be interested .

Definitely interested!

I was able to source the wiring for a GB1 cable…

and

Great to see some TVG love in the community! If I can get to about 4 or 5 interest spots, I’ll be pulling the trigger on the run. I’m estimating costs to be around 40$ per cable, shipping not included.

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing the results in your thread!

TVG FOR LIFE! Id love to get me a TVG cable

In case it helps, here is the actual ingame asset ripped from the game files, and upscaled to 1024 pixels using a linear scale (so as not to blur the finer details). The original resolution of the texture is an abysmal 57x313.

100%!

To me, the video game will always be the definitive third installment of the franchise.

Thanks a ton for this! The in-game model is very difficult to make out.

After messing around with the saturation of the texture, I updated the color pattern and made a new preview for the cables in photoshop. The color distribution seems to be a lot more even than I thought.

Comparison with the texture.

Thank you again Nomake!

Looks like I have sufficient interest for a run! I will get in contact with my supplier. More updates to come!

I would definitely be interested in it im currently building a video game pack

I really need to sort out a VPN, since the changes last year in the UK any post using imgr for photos just says "content not viewable in your region’

Opera has a free built-in VPN, and Firefox has started advertising one as well.

Found Firefox’s this morning!

Update for TVG lovers! Ordering wire stock today, once I have a good few cables made I will be putting them up in my Etsy store. Once the listing is live, I will post the link here.

2 Likes

Update! I encountered some supplier issues when I went to do the run, and I got caught up doing some GB1 cables, currently working to sort out the supplier issues and move forward with TVGs.

2 Likes

Looking forward to these being made available!