3D Printed a Proton Pack ... but what about the back plate??

Hey y’all, I’ve 3D printed the wonderful files from here: Ghostbusters Proton Pack by MileyORiley - Thingiverse

But what did you all do for the backplate? Obviously I can’t 3d print one at home because it’s far too large and the file that is on there, apparently I’m not to print it?

Love to hear your suggestions! Also, did anybody modify their Hasbro Spengler wand to work with their pack? Where did you buy the components?

Thanks!

When I made my pack I made the back plate out of acrylic sheet. I cut it out using a scroll saw. I chose acrylic over wood so if it gets wet or it is humid the wood would not warp or be damaged.

You could also buy the aluminum one from the store or buy some aluminum sheet and cut it out yourself.

If you’re in the US a lot of folk use sendcutsend for their motherboard.

I used Ponoko. It was less than $50 shipped in 1/8” 5052 Al. Great finish and perfectly cut with holes ready to go for mounting.

I used Xometry for mine as Sendcutsend don’t ship to Canada.

Perfect service with Xometry. Nothing to say.

I printed those same files and used the aluminum motherboard for sale on the GB fans site; It was a near perfect fit.

I’d strongly consider going that rout. It’s super sturdy, and its great for weathering. Nothing looks like scratched up aluminum quite like scratched up aluminum.