4PST Power Kill Switch

I thought I’d share a solution to the 24/7 power drain issue for those using the stock battery options for light and sound kits. Other members have suggested using a kill switch but I haven’t found anything using a toggle switch such as this.

Sound:

Crix’s sound module 2 X AA

7watt amp 1 X 9volt

Lights:

R2DEVO’s Light kit 2 x 9 volts

For those with limited options, connecting all of these sources to a 4PST toggle switch will allow you to show off your pack and kill the power so it’ll last a lot longer when at a convention or just walking around town scaring the straights.

Before I installed this switch, the batteries would last at most 5-6 hours ( sitting idle). I’ve just fired my pack up after two days of sitting idle and it still fires up like a champ.

You can find a 4PST toggle switch online at a lot of locations, I picked mine up from amazon.com

Nice safety switch so I don’t accidentally cut the power on/ off

A nice wire crimping set comes with a set of terminals perfect for a screw terminal toggle switch

Deciding where to mount this thing was the hardest part

I don’t trust myself with a LiPo battery and removing the shell after every use is a PIA. All questions comments and concerns are welcomed. This is my first Proton Pack so I’m learning as I go. :slight_smile:

Links in this post may be affiliate links. Purchases made through them help support this site at no additional cost to you.

Good idea!

Would you be able to draw up a diagram showing how the light and sound circuits are set up with the 4PST kill switch? As I’m not wiring-minded, I’m having a hard time visualising how the technique will work.

The black wire ( ground) stays connected to its respective circuit board while the positive ( red) wire goes to the toggle switch. The parallel terminal on the switch then goes to the positive terminal on the circuit board. This way you can disrupt the power drain by disconnecting the positive wire via the toggle switch.

When I get back from my vacation I’ll be drilling another hole into the base and putting all these batteries into a project box zip-tied to the alice frame. Trying to get to the point where I only have to open the shell/gun if something breaks, lol.