75% Scale Movie Replica Proton Pack!

Some people may have already heard rumors of my 3/4 scale proton pack replica. Well I’m pleased to announce those rumors are true and here is my build thread to prove it. Unfortunately I was so focused on the project I forgot to take some photos of a few parts and steps as I was building, but the majority has been documented.

I will also show pictures of all the finished parts after they had been molded, so you will get to see all the finished parts.

If you’re interested in buying one of the finished kits see my For Sale Thread.

Using a combination of Stefan Otto’s plans, measurements off some screen used packs, along with various reference photos and consulting some known pack makers, I scratch built a complete 75% scale pack replicate. This includes Pack Shell, Bumper, and hardware. If its on a proton pack I’ve made a 75% version of it.

Here are some pictures from the build.

I constructed the buck using almost entirely 1/4" basswood. I cyclotron was made out of pine.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0002_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0014_web.jpg)

The bumper was build by deconstructing it down to its basic shapes. Using basswood and thin sheets of plywood I got from the craft store, I was able to create sections of the bumper and assemble it piece by piece. Then using bondo I filled the seems and rounded the edges.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0011_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0017_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0018_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0023_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0025_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0029_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0045_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0048_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0032_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0033_web.jpg)

Heres an image taken next to a full scale shell for reference of scale.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0037_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0053_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0058_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0054_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0055_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0076_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0079_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0083_web.jpg)

Later I was able to find an exact 75% scale REAL bellow.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0106_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0124_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0123_web.jpg)

At the hobby shop I was able to find hexagonal brass tube at the exact scale I needed for the Booster frame, as well as strips of wood that had the exact scale ridges I needed for the 2 sides.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0091_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0093_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0099_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0120_web.jpg)

I created an almost perfect replica crank knob by using Apoxy Sculpt to modify a knob I already had.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0104_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0108-2_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0102_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0086_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0087_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0088_web.jpg)

Using PVC pipe layered with card stock (to build up the diameter of the pipe) and styrene I was able to make the N-filter and Cyclotron rings.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0114_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0119_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0118_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0117_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0116_web.jpg)

I secured the N-Filter with Apox Sculpt and then glued the cap on.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0130_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0131_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0134_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0136_web.jpg)

Using plastic tube I got at the hobby shop I was able to construct a 75% scale Legris elbow replica.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0139_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0141_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0143_web.jpg)

The pillars, Injector tubes, and PPD were made from plastic tubes, PVC and styrene.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0145_web.jpg)

I made fake welds on all parts requiring weld details using a plastic syringe filled with silicone calk. Mid way through the drying process I patted the calk down giving it the necessary appearance. I used this process on the N-Filter, Pillars, Injector Tubes, Ion Arm, and HGA.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0154_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0156_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0157_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0315_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0316_web.jpg)

Next I had to make 75% scale resistors for the Ion Arm. This I was able to do by using Styrene strips, tube, and Apoxy sculpt.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0159_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0164_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0162_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0168_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0171_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0172_web.jpg)

Then it was time to make the Clippard.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0173_web.jpg)

Next I moved on to the thrower. I started by making the body using Basewood and 1/4" Styrene which I heated and bent to get the curved top edge.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0142_web.jpg)

I added the small details including the weld around where the knob on top goes.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0149_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0148_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0147_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0146_web.jpg)

I think that brings me to about here.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0150_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0151_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0153-2_web.jpg)

The thrower grips were carved out of wood.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0174_web.jpg)

I made brass banjos from a brass tube and a square brass rod I found at the hobby shop.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0175_web.jpg)

The heat sink I carved and assembled out of basswood strips.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0177_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0178_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0181_web.jpg)

I constructed the trigger box and rear instrument panel from basswood. I designed it so that the trigger box will slip into the instrument bar and can be glues or screwed in from the bottom or back.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0318_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0317_web.jpg)

The gun ears were made from basswood.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0323_web.jpg)

The remaining knobs and hat lights were made with styrene, Appoxy Sculpt, and casting resin.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0321_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale pack parts_3QsMold_0051_web.jpg)

I constructed V-hooks which will be one side resin and one side Aluminum.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0320_web.jpg)

This is the aluminum side.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0297-2_web.jpg)

After all this it was time to start molding. Molding so that I could start making these kits available to the Community! Thats right! One of these could be yours, or your Girl friends, or your kids! But we’ll get to that later. Right now lets look at the molding process.

Heres us claying up the buck in preparation of creating the mold jacket.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0188_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0189_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0190_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0194_web.jpg)

Now creating the mold jacket.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0195_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0198_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0200_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0202_web.jpg)

This is my mold box for the bumper.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0203_web.jpg)

And here are all the mold boxes for the remaining parts.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0204_web.jpg)

Pouring molds.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0233_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0237_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0238_web.jpg)

Demolding.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0244_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0246_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0248_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0250_web.jpg)

Next to a full scale mold.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0251_web.jpg)

And the master buck goes on the wall to hang out with some of its big brothers.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0255_web.jpg)

Now its time to start glassing shells.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0259_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0266_web.jpg)

First shell had a defect in the mud coat. It had been under catalyzed.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0267_web.jpg)

So we try again.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0278_web.jpg)

Beautiful.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0272_web.jpg)

A proud new pack owner.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0274_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0275_web.jpg)

Off to work I go.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0283_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0280_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0286_web.jpg)

And time to start pouring parts.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0257_web.jpg)

Heres a nearly complete thrower kit.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0287_web.jpg)

Some rubber bands to hold it together and a full scale thrower for reference.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0288_web.jpg)

Bumper pulled.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0290_web.jpg)

Heres all the finished parts to the kit.

Trigger box assembly.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale pack parts_3QsMold_trigboxgrid_web.jpg)

Gun body.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale pack parts_3QsMold_GunBoxGrid_web.jpg)

Hat light caps.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale pack parts_3QsMold_0051_web.jpg)

Thower knobs.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale pack parts_3QsMold_0050_web.jpg)

Thrower grips.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale pack parts_3QsMold_0026_web.jpg)

Gun Track.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale pack parts_3QsMold_0022_web.jpg)

Thrower Misc.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale pack parts_3QsMold_0010_web.jpg)

Heat Sync.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale pack parts_3QsMold_0005_web.jpg)

Clippards.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale pack parts_3QsMold_0016_web.jpg)

Hardware.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale pack parts_3QsMold_0047_web.jpg)

Booster Frame.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale pack parts_3QsMold_0002_web.jpg)

Bellow.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale pack parts_3QsMold_0008_web.jpg)

Ribbon cable clamp, buster plug and wire lomb tube.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale pack parts_3QsMold_0024_web.jpg)

Ion Arm.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale pack parts_3QsMold_0028_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale pack parts_3QsMold_0061_web.jpg)

Resistors.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale pack parts_3QsMold_0041_web.jpg)

HGA.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale pack parts_3QsMold_0031_web.jpg)

Injector Tubs and pillars.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale pack parts_3QsMold_0033_web.jpg)

PPD.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale pack parts_3QsMold_0064_web.jpg)

Bumper.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale pack parts_3QsMold_0073_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale pack parts_3QsMold_0069_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale pack parts_3QsMold_0071_web.jpg)

And finally a shell

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale pack parts_3QsMold_0078_web.jpg)


Now I’ll start putting one together.

This pack is being built from my first defective shell. I patched it up and it looks great!

The finished pack will be donated to a local kid who is one of the biggest Ghostbusters fans I’ve met and really deserves a great proton pack.

I apologize for not having a more complete account of the build, but once I get going its hard to stop and think about pictures. But if you’ve ever read a build thread before its essentially all the same.

I’ll try to better document the build of the next kit I put together.

I’ve replaced the Clippard tube with wire so that I cans still match color with scale. I also am using a 40 pin ribbon cable instead of a 60 Pin. Not quite 75% scale but close enough.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0295_web.jpg)

Pic for scale

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0296-2_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0298_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0299_web.jpg)

Decided to get a little fancy for this kids pack and gave it aluminum handles with a rotating barrel and a spring loaded acrylic tip. The kit is designed to fit a standard PVC pipe, so I had to modify the holes with Apoxy Scult to fit the slightly smaller 1" Aluminum piping.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0301_web.jpg)

Its such a beauty. I’d never guess it was from a reject shell.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0303_web.jpg)

Next to a full finished pack for scale. Still needs some more work, a mother board, and alice frame, but its well on its way.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0306_web.jpg)

What did I say about alice frame. :wink: I think I went a little mad trying to make this. But it was well worth the effort.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0309_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0311_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0312_web.jpg)

More to come soon. I’ll update it again when I get more done.

Again, if you 're interested in buying one of the finished kits, see my For Sale Thread.

AMAZING!!! and I’ve seen it in person and its even more amazing in person!

No bs… This is the best build I’ve seen in this site. Period. There are tons of incredible ones. But none calculate, miniaturize and fabricate everything like you have. Unreal. Seriously. Unreal. Go get some ice cream and celebrate.

that is the most amazing thing iv ever seen, well done to you sir, there will be some happy children somwhere (where were you 25 years ago) seriously… this is awesome :cool:

Amazing scratch building skills! Better than a lot of full scale scratch builds.

Now offer these up in 50% 75% and 100% as kits and become a rich man :wink:

My god man this thread took a minutes or so to load on my phone and I’m on 4G! Over fantastic job on this build, if I had a kid I would buy one of these kits for him in a heart beat.

Sent from my ADrR6400L using Ghostbusters Fans on Android

One statement…

…make shells and sell them

Theres a link to my for sale thread at the top and bottom of the post.

For those of you who aren’t also looking at my For sale thread, heres a couple more pics of the pack you might enjoy

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale pack parts_3Qs_0329_web.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale pack parts_3QsMold_0081_web.jpg)

Incredible skill, incredible quality. Thanks so much for sharing the pics of the build process.

I’m almost ready to make a mold of the helmet I made my daughter for halloween (she wants to be a Skylander), and I don’t know what materials I’ll need to make the mold. Could you tell me what silicon rubber you used? I was looking at SmoothOn Mold Star? Any info on the build would be awesome.

Thanks in advance!

This is easily the best build thread on this site. My mind is absolutely blown how you scratch built EVERYTHING. Even the frickin resistors! Wow.

I live in Los Angeles, so special effects suppliers are in abundance here. The place I got mine is the FX department of a place called Nigel Beauty Supply. Here’s a picture of the label of the silicone I used.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/pmangano/GB stuff_75 percent scale Proton pack build_3Qs_0185.jpg)

Thanks to everyone for the great compliments! If you know anyone who’s looking for a pack for their lady buster or little buster please feel free to direct them to my post. I’d love to see more than just a handful of people with this pack considering the time and effort I put into it.

25 years ago I was 3 :wink:

This build is absolutely amazing.

I especially loved the elbows. Any chance you could make a tutorial for scratch building them for the sake of making 1:1 replicas?

Absolutely stunning work.

why damn it! WWHHYYYYYYYYY… i feel so old :cry: lol

if i had any little busters i would be all over this

Wow… no words… just wow…

Building the elbows was actually rather easy. The hardest part is finding plastic tube the right size. It also requires a heat gun.

I’ll try and put together a tutorial in the future, but the gist of it is I took a piece of plastic tube in the proper diameter and cut the top and bottom to length. Then I sanded the slight diagonal edge where the 2 pieces meat. Then using a piece of acrylic rod, that fit in the tube, I heated it with a heat gun and bent it to 90 degrees. Then I slid the 2 pieces into place and glues it together. Then I found a brass nut at the hardware store and placed it on a threaded rod and glued it to the bottom. All that was left was taking a piece of brass tube and glue it in the top. Hope that makes sense.

When I have some time I’ll try and construct another one and document the process.

The key to making anything on this build was to break the part down into its basic shapes. This ones shapes were easy because it was mostly round with straight edges and easy angles.

I’ve seen this pack in person, because I’m making one, and it is truly amazing! :slight_smile: